WT Says Don't Contract with False Religion, But Does Just That

by Sea Breeze 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

May be an image of sky, tree and text that says 'Watchtower Sells Kingdom Hall To, "New Age Church" Sedona Arizonia!'

May be an image of indoor

Let's all open up our crystals to 2 Facet 1: 1 - Here we lean about how Buddha escapes Prism.
    May be an image of 1 person and indoor

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    • If a person who professes to be a dedicated Christian witness of Jehovah were to accept a job [payment from]... a religious organization, he would, in actuality, become a part of that organization.

• w64 11/15 pp. 703-704 - The Watchtower—1964

I guess once again the WT publishes rules that are supposed to be "true for thee, but not for me".

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Love the purple exterior!

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Yes it is kind of ironic when you think about it, add in the fact when the JWS sell one of their Kingdom Halls to another religoius organization they usually make a huge profit financially.

Hypocrisy under a cloak of spiritual righteousness..

Power and money leads men to corruption and the inner workings of religion is a prime vehicle toward obtaining those two things..

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I said I would never set foot in a Kingdom Hall. I'll make an exception for this one.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think it's at least partly a zoning issue, 'cause I've seen it before.

In a small city I'm familiar with, a little-used KH was bought by a local Sikh congregation (who proceeded to refurbish it accordingly), and an older one was also sold to an evangelical church, who turned it into a Christian bookstore...

...whilst the congregation(s) who'd been previously using it built a new KH right next door (admittedly, kinda weird).

• Rocketman123
  • john.prestor
    john.prestor

It is hypocritical. If the organization expect the rank and file members to refuse money from "false religion," they shouldn't accept it either.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

jehovah had left the building.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I had a job where I would inspect buildings for various things. On assignment I had was a church. A self righteous worm of an elder shit his pants because I inspected the building. I was well into my starting to fade in that point in time and didn't care for what any elder/Watchtower had to say about my life. They screwed that up enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit