Why all the secrecy in Gods organisation?

by Truthexplorer 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Whenever a single organization self proclaims itself as god's solemnly chosen organization, this creates and establishes an environment of perceived pretentiousness within that organization .

The Top leaders of this organization create a structurally controlled theocracy where all subjects are watched carefully to their supporting devotion to those directives orchestrated by the leaders themselves.

You are watched the minute you walk into a Kingdom Hall, as well the minute you walk out.

The behind the doors secrecy to how that power and control is implemented throughout the organization is only for the selectively chosen ones, the Seers or elders.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Well put Finkelstein. In fact the word 'Pretentious' sums up Watchtower. That was the view I had of Geoff (there shall be no end to shunning) Jacksons effort at the ARC hearing. That was also how I viewed that laywer Vincent Toole. His cold calculated manner really got to me.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should be realized that shunning is an enforced mechanism to control any open dissension.

Even speaking in a critical opposition manner to the directive controls or formative doctrines can get you shunned (DFed) tossed out of the organization as a visible form of punishment in view of others.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Are the GB freemasons? Possibly

Are the GB just men who are sincerely dumb? Possibly

Are the GB sincere men who are dumb and just handed an organization to run from a mason past? Possibly

Are the GB sincere men but work alongside without knowing, freemasons who are pulling strings? Possibly

Is the whole concept of Watchtower a false religion based on very controversial teachings and beliefs that resonates with certain secret societies some of whom have a bigger plan or agenda, still to this day? YES!

Whatever the story is, as my sister pointed out to me, some policies can't be changed due to the amount of people who would sue their asses. Blood policy is one, two witness rule is another. But indeed, it may not be the only motivation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Skedaddle - "...Whatever the story is, as my sister pointed out to me, some policies can't be changed due to the amount of people who would sue their asses. Blood policy is one, two witness rule is another. But indeed, it may not be the only motivation."

Oh, definately.

The rabbit hole goes much deeper.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TRUTHEXPLORER:

They are secretive because they want the public (and even the rank & file JWs) to be unaware of the level of corruption and injustice in the religion.

I was always frustrated back in the day at the general attitude I perceived in the congregation of people unwilling or fearful to speak up about wrong things there. They all had their heads down and imagined if they all did their "prayer and field service thing" nothing else mattered.

Naturally, the religion benefits from this because the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. The problem is the average Witness doesn't know what's sitting in the hall with them, which is why I never really trusted too many people there even when I was a "believer" trying to make it all "work".

Thank heavens I don't have to do that anymore.

• millie210
    millie210

Its funny how differently it is viewed when you are in - the "secrecy" that is.

In the beginning, you are applauded for questioning established religions and so on and "coming in to the truth". You are treated as a more enlightened thinker.

Once you are "in", you quickly pick up on cues to NOT question. It is tied to loyalty and not being rebeillious, like Satan and the sons of Korah and so on.

Then supporting the secrecy becomes a mark of submission.

I have distinct memories of thinking that people who were always questioning were "weak".

Now that I have a clear head I can see it but when I was in I couldnt.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Why all the secrecy in Gods organisation?

All dictatorial organizations, not just cults, maximize manipulation and control of their subjects. Secrecy is one of the tools. Connections to Freemasonry are irrelevant.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I doubt there was much secrecy. Everyone knew what was going on. Unfortunately the method of communication was rumor. But that was the point, really. The illusion of secrecy added to the value of rumors. If you heard a rumor, you considered yourself a special person. Your value increased by repeating the rumor.

Thus, everyone was a winner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit