Brothers with hearts. Where are they?

by stillin 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Some have passed away. It's a whole new business. The compassionate ones are gone and the still in ones that may have had some compassion left have to tow the WT party line or they are OUT.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Yeah, being an elder was the beginning of the end for me. I work in corporate America and often thought that the politics that I saw in the office was nothing compared to what I experienced in the Borg. My first elders meeting was a huge disappointment. It was a quick adjustment for me, subconsciously, I just thought of being at work and acted accordingly.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Think they thought it was only the preaching work that was important.back in the days of Rutherford

Preaching work:

Which consisted of .... selling Rutherford's books and playing his recorded speeches. At times showing the Creation film. It has been about getting WT product out there. Back then that equated to whatever Rutherford had to say. JWs have never been out talking about Jesus.

No different than today.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

stillin:

I can really relate to most of your original post, from the corporate feel, to disillusionment, to the canned phrases everybody imitates, to the fact that it makes you want to puke 😜 What stood out most to me was your experience with people's reactions to your talks, because I've had the same thing happen.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Brothers with hearts?

They have either wised up and left the Org. or at least stood down from the B of E. To do it these days you have to be a rep of the Corporate organization, not a Christian shepherd.

As for public speaking , the whole style has changed . They are much more rigid, tied to the outline. I have recently heard some speakers I served with, back in the day. They used to be good, giving personalized interesting talks. Now they just follow the outline, like all the others . Man it is SO boring!

How long can it last? How long can my wife last? She grumbles all the time and meeting attendance is getting reduced...... Thank goodness!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    stucky the second - To this day, I can't understand how what I did was wrong. ...

You did right. It was the hateful agenda of an unchristian corporation that tried to grind you down.

There is more hate than love in that organisation.

• zeb
    zeb

One new elder did a talk and it was later revealed that he was required to do the talk from an 'outline' (try script) and do so word for word. His talk was quite wooden. So many said it was 'wonderful'-puke. But he had to follow the wt script. what this? to see if he was obedient?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So that's fine isn't it brothers.............as we go our separate ways.............like to thank the faithful slave for providing the material............food at the proper time.........................encouraging........................keep in step with jehovah's organization......................the best is yet to come.........

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Amen to all that is said. The only kind of elder when I left was those who walked lock step with the gb. In my last two years as a elder and being a P.O. I had to go to Patterson for a week of bull s__t. That is exactly what it was. Most of it was keeping everyone in line and organizational things. I was waking up at the time and I did have access to the library there. And I did get to see the old bound volumes in the forties that still showed the cross on the front cover of the wt. That proved to me what I was learning on this site was true. Here is where you find true heart in many here. Still Totally ADD

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"But in reality - the days of good loving and smart brothers who really worked at being good public speakers that gave valuable info and encouragement are OVER."

I remember years ago, brothers who gave talks at the assemblies. You were completely blown away from the talk they presented. You felt better after the talk was over. Their perspective was spot on and you WANTED to be in paradise. NOW...they use fear tactics (bunker videos, shunning videos, human hot dog experiences, the list goes on and on). Fear is a terrible tactic to use. Imagine parents raise their children under the guise of fear. Some on here may have been raised that way. Man, that really can screw a kid up. The ole saying, "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" is true in this case. WT keeps using vinegar and the concept of love does not exist anymore. Sad!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit