Economic Recovery after COVID-19

by Simon 34 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

It feels like we've really turned a corner, this morning especially.

The COVID lockdowns are ending and medical systems were not overwhelmed plus there are existing treatments that have been proven to be effective (like hydroxychloroquine) and new vaccines and medicines in the pipeline. A week or so ago the dems were dead against opening things up but since they are encouraging protests (which often turn violent) they can't continue that stance - thus proving Trumps claim that it will soon be gone. The majority of the deaths were politician-assisted (which I hope people are prosecuted for) so it's not the big risk we were led to believe and (over) reacted to.

The BLS reported this morning that the US economy just added a huge number of jobs (most on record) and will undoubtedly benefit even more from a drive to source local production and supply chains going forwards. The stock market is rocketing on the news so the recovery may be swifter and more V shaped that U or L so anyone who took advantage of the 'fire-sale' of marked-down prices from a month or two ago stands to reap some big gains. Great for anyone saving for retirement (which should be everyone).

Antifa and BLM have shown the world who they are and lost credibility. The dems are allowing the leftists in their ranks to walk the whole thing off a cliff and it's glorious. Expect the DNC to be a complete shit-show as everyone turns on each other. You just know Biden is going to get up, become confused and call Obama the N word from the podium.

The sun is shining and the patios are open, I can whizz around like a 5 year old on my electric scooter. Life hasn't felt this good since my ride was a Raleigh Chopper in the summer of '76 (that's a UK thing, it's the one good summer everyone of my age still remembers).

Anyone else feel like it's going to be boom times for the next 5-10 years?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Restaurants still limited, access to any recreation being rationed. Any pos camper sells overnight, tents are moving fast, even without the homeless buying them.

IF good jobs come back we need to get back to wanting one good quality item instead of quantity of junk. Learn a skill instead of burger flipping. There will be an upheaval in 3rd world countries though.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Recovery will be slow and gradual, if and when a vaccine is developed and distributed, this will enhance the recovery.

Tourism is a large expanding industry which needs to be reactivated and that wont happened until cross border travel reopens.

Expect the DNC to be a complete shit-show as everyone turns on each other.

You just know Biden is going to get up, become confused and call Obama the N word from the podium.

I would like to pose a online wager to Simon which is fixed upon who will win the next US federal election.

I think Biden will win, based mostly upon people in the US are just tired of Trump and they have had enough of the guy.

How does $20 bucks sound ?

Simon ?

• minimus
    minimus

The vaccine will not get done and other strains will exist anyway. I think things will and can get better if the Dems behave. That’s a big if.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I feel we’ve turned the corner as well and things are looking up. But I feel a lot of this shit has been rigged to accomplish many agendas. Just give it a few weeks and the next big thing will happen. I hope that I’m wrong.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Conspiracy theorist aplomb

Yeh it was those dam democrats that were behind all of this .

• coalize
    coalize

When I see a comment with the word "agenda"

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

The Stock market will be a V but the rest of the economy will be a big U if not flat. The billionaires have accomplished one of the biggest money shifts in history. The average guy will be suffering for years to come. By the way there is still no proof that hydroxychloroquine works on the virus but there is lots of evidence it is unsafe for Covd-19 virus. A vaccine is the big hope we are looking for.

In FL it is still going up and in our little neck of the woods in western NY it is still going up. So be safe out there by using social distancing and wearing a mask. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• Quetzal
    Quetzal

This was going to be a great thread about recovery after Corvid19 and then it turned into a disguise for

Antifa and BLM have shown the world who they are and lost credibility. The dems are allowing the leftists in their ranks to walk the whole thing off a cliff and it's glorious. Expect the DNC to be a complete shit-show as everyone turns on each other. You just know Biden is going to get up, become confused and call Obama the N word from the podium.

When the BLM brought race into police brutality discussion you accused them of making everything about race. Now there is a discussion about economic recovery and you brought Antifa and BLM into the conversation.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Quetzal

”After covid”? Are you saying you believe we have covid behind us and we’ve seen the worst of it?

Simons subject states after as well. You both believe it’s done?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit