The Jehovah's Witnesses religion founded upon aggressive opportunistic people.

by Finkelstein 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RolRod
    RolRod

I don't think Rutherford was lured into anything. I think he was an opportunist, who saw a chance of cashing in.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What Rutherford saw in the Watchtower Corporation was both power and money and being a self serving opportunist he went for it.

Keep in mind Rutherford was aware of the money Russell has socked into the WTS being that he was Russell's business lawyer and that Russell purposely did so so he wouldn't have to give it away to his divorcing wife Maria.

When one analyticalally looks into the WTS/JWS from its beginning start you can see the real working corruption along with the spurious false doctrines which created the organization, from its abstract core it was always about power and money structured around a single religious publishing house.

• Simon
    Simon

I think they were deluded. They came out of the Millerite movement of people disillusioned with the church and looking for answers and Christs 2nd coming (ironically, after failed prophecy of his return).

They didn't have the answer of course but I think they even fooled themselves into believing that the prediction wasn't too far off.

of course the WTS was taken over at some point by people more company oriented so it was one of the offshoots tat grew into a more substantial group.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes Simon, one might say Russell created the delusion and when Rutherford took over the WTS. he further commercialized it to the public, empowering himself in the process..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I know it sounds cold, but...

...as far as I'm concerned, the more ruthless they get, the easier our job is.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Reflectively the WTS has always been ruthless , apathetic, cold hearted, stupid and stellingly corrupt , like a spoiled kid with a hand full of power and money.

Kind of like Jehovah when you think about.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

re. Fink's post...

I've long suspected that the theologians who crafted their respective mythologies patterned their deities after themselves.

Their gods simply behaved the way they would if they were gods.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I totally agree, Vidiot. As the old saying goes: 'In the beginning God created man and then man returned the favor'.

• James Jack
    James Jack

I would love to hear from any living relatives of these men!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It's been said that in a point in time Rutherford's son wouldn't have anything to do with his father and didn't even attend his funeral, he was also involved with the IBSA as well.

Maybe it was because Joseph was separated from his wife (his mother) and was living with his female assistant. ....... wink wink nudge nudge

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit