Was you or your family ever a local needs talk subject?

by Foolednomore 16 Replies latest jw friends

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

'Modesty in dress' may have been the one complaint we got the most, especially at conventions. The number of young ladies who wore dresses that were snug or short makes me think that they were either broadcasting their availability or (more likely) broadcasting their intention of leaving the organization the moment they were able to.

As a young man, I was not as put off by the display as the organization and the frumpy old ladies were. Which is to say, I wasn't put off at all. An attractive figure in a painted-on dress shines like a beacon in that sea of 'modesty.'

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Maybe. Who cares? These little dimwitted men enjoy their feeling of superiority. But that's all they'll get in this life.

They'll die never having seen any of the stupid promises WBT$ lied to them about.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I was the subject of dressing too " Mafioso" with my pin strip suits and wing tipped shoes and Fedora Hat. And thin ties. The funny thing about that is my father and brothers dressed this way too. Seem like this hall in the States had a real problem with Italians. And believe me we spoke more Italian in that English hall than usual.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh
    My mother’s body was very good. And she loved cleavage and dresses that showed legs.

Pics?

------

Think Marilyn Monroe

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I doubt I ever featured in such a talk, the Elders could not work out why I had left !

I remember one such talk a good few years back, and because I knew what it was about, and who, due to Elder gossip, I understood it. It concerned a person, never baptised, who only came along a few times, but the Eldubs found out a bit about the person's past, and present living arrangements, but of course could do nothing about it !

After this pointless Talk, most of the Congo. went around saying, "What on Earth was all that about ? ".

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

there was a talk about women being independant because they had means ( although poor in this case ) to provide for themselves. The husband is pushed out and leaves. I think I still have the recording from 1997 or so....Anyway, I think it was designed to be about me....but the shoe didn't fit...others must have thought so from the way I was treated in general. If you are invited to sit in the back room, you are told to keep your mouth shut about what is discussed. Mr X brought home STD so I told him the 25 year gig was up! ( Oct and gone in Dec.) In the meantime, Elder husband was patted on the back and told he had done nothing wrong when he informed them he wanted to step down...He was telling me this on the way home from the meeting and I told him if the congregation knew he had given me an STD they wouldn't want him conducting theWT. He did quit in spite of the pats on the back. I was visited by 2, being told I slandered him when I told an old "friend" in a congregation 1.5 hours away of my issues. ( I had been told to keep my mouth shut!) So the sister 1.5 hours away told her daughter 12 hours away, who told a local sister, who told the elder's wife, who told her husband.-so I slandered and wasn't allowed to work with the RBC anymore. Mr. was allowed to do anything he wanted to do. When I tell you he was patted on the back, it was crazy...I was being ignored and grunted at by others. This happened twice: he went from WV to NC to live. He came back a couple of times and came to the last minutes of the meeting. He stood in the door way between auditorium and foyer. Most in the congregation stood in a reception line ( like wedding guest ) to greet him, hug him, shake hands, pat on the back. A sad commentary! In another congregation about an hour away, the story was going around I chased him off because I wanted another fellow! So lesson learned: in another meeting about a concern I had, I was told to keep my mouth shut and I said my experience was if you didn't tell your story, others would make up and spread lies about you. ( it took me writing 2 letters to the Branch to get it recognised I had scriptual grounds for divorce. and I will also add, when I went to the judial meeting with Mr X, I was surprised at the outright lies that came out of Elder's mouths.

• Smiles
    Smiles

"Local Needs" lol

true locals never really need anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit