Was you or your family ever a local needs talk subject?

by Foolednomore 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Our family was always a topic on a local needs talk. But it was funny when the brothers needed money they would come with their hands out. This is when we lived in the States.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Probably.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

At least once.

Wear it like a badge of honor.

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

I think I was once for foul language and drug use that I got reproved for (only found mentioning references in my Facebook posts never did pin me), but ours was always about finances, then the new hall was about gossip. Third hall I got df'd in a couple months in so didn't pay attention, and after reinstatement it went back to gossip in hall number 4.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

ALL THE TIME. 2 uncles DFed (1 of them more than once), mother for how immodestly she dressed, 2 brothers always in trouble with kids at school; fighting and the police at our door, oddly they never took the book study out of our place, me DFed, mother reproved, underage drinking at our wedding, most likely my sister's behavior too, .... the list goes on and on and on.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

A now POMO cousin's now ex-husband was called out for CSA issues from one of the many former congs they attended. This was to WARN those dubs in their present one about him. He was not given any privileges in the present one, although he was an RP and working up to MS within the others. The sad part about this was that his wife/my cousin was SHUNNED because of his infractions! 😢

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LEE MARSH:

I remember those special needs talks, especially about dress.

I always felt they were instigated by frumpy older women and some elders’ wives who had an issue about attractive stylishly dressed women in the hall. If a woman had any kind of a decent figure (nice legs and/or an ample bust) she had to take special pains to hide things lest she be viewed as immodest. She might not even be trying to look sexy.

It was very unfair. Women with dowdy figures or no shape could dress any way they wanted and not be accused of looking a certain way. But, yet the woman with the nice figure had to try harder! 🙄

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

My mother’s body was very good. And she loved cleavage and dresses that showed legs. She would tame it down for a while but get back to her way of dressing before too long.

• GabeAthouse
    GabeAthouse
    My mother’s body was very good. And she loved cleavage and dresses that showed legs.

Pics?

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Maybe regarding meeting attendance, but we weren't there to hear it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit