Satan Wants to Be Like God and Have Mankind Worship Him.....Yeah Right....

by xjwsrock 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

There's only one ego- maniac that wants to be worshipped.....which is kinda weird if you are " perfect"

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Dunedain - I see your point about Satan coming out would prove God exists. He wouldn't have to name himself in a biblical way. Any spirit creature would get attention beyond belief. He could name himself Zues, and the crowds would line up. Me included. Lol..

Brokeback - Interesting point on the projection of the GB's God complex onto Satan. I think you are on to something there.

Sparrowdown - Ties in with what Brokeback is saying. Lot of similarity there.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    I heard this tired line re-ran again at this year's convention. Satan supposedly wanted to be like God and be worshiped - you know, the whole pride thing. They really made a big deal about how his "thoughts" led to his sin in the Garden of Eden and how we need to control our thoughts to avoid the same result. (Let's just say the BITE model from Hassan was available in spades at this convention.)
    Anyway, I got to thinking about this whole premise - Satan wants to be worshiped. Well it doesn't make a lick of sense.
    If Satan is so interested in having the limelight and taking the glory away from God and anybody else, then why is he hiding himself?
    WHY IS HE HIDING????!!!!
    Do you know how much fame and glory a leader of the spirit world could have in today's society of 24 hour news? He could have billions of people tuned in to see him, listen to him, and watch whatever he does.
    Could you imagine how many people would tune in for an exclusive interview with Satan? LOL...
    Another teaching that doesn't stand under 5 minutes of critical thought.....

The answer is simple if you think like a dub...after the flood spirit creatures, Satan included, are not allowed to materialize physical form as set by Jehoover who was not happy that these spirit-become-men were playing hide the sausage with the "daughters of men".

Thus Satan cannot show himself, all he can do is influence.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

notsure- I guess you could debate whether Satan could show himself without materializing a physical body. I personally think he would get even more attention in a some ghostly form hovering above ground. Lol....

• sir82
    sir82

after the flood spirit creatures, Satan included, are not allowed to materialize physical form

Well then that's cheating on Jehovah's part, isn't it? Or at least grossly unfair.

Imagine a football game in which the heavily favored team is losing at halftime because the underdog has kicked a bunch of field goals. So the rules get changed at halftime - no more kicking of field goals is allowed.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Well then that's cheating on Jehovah's part, isn't it? Or at least grossly unfair.
    Imagine a football game in which the heavily favored team is losing at halftime because the underdog has kicked a bunch of field goals. So the rules get changed at halftime - no more kicking of field goals is allowed.

Indeed but hasn't the whole game been rigged from the start???

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

sir82 - Amen! Just like all the other cheats of Jehovah. The flood itself for instance. What the hell is up with the whole Tower of Babel thing? It is all such BS.....

• jws
    jws

Ctrwtff and Coded Logic, you beat me to it.

Look, don't buy the he can't "come out" without proving God. That's bad logic too.

IF he wants to be worshipped, you have to come out. God is worshipped because people think he exists. People DO worship Satan because they think he exists. Which assumes god's existence too, yet they still worship him.

You're absolutely right. Why not go on a news program and present yourself? Tell your side of the story. Look at our two presidential candidates. Both horrible people with lousy ratings. The most hated candidates since they started tracking that sort of thing. Yet they're the final candidates. It doesn't matter what Satan's likability is. Go on TV with a good story. Prove who you are. Go invisible and come back or perform some other magic. Turn into a snake and talk.

But you can't say "I want to be worshiped" but then be afraid to show you're real just because it shows your enemy exists too. You can't be worshiped if people don't believe you're real. And if your time is supposedly short, it's now or never.

• jws
    jws

BTW, where does it say spirit creatures could no longer materialize after the flood? Who appeared to Jesus in the wilderness then? They say Jesus was a mere man, 100% flesh and blood. So who was he talking to?

And even if the rules on materializing changed, that's not the only changing of the game. What about Jesus? That's like bringing extra players onto the field.

• blondie
    blondie

I have had jws explain that he just doesn't want people to worship god....because non-jws don't think of themselves of satan worshipers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit