Do You Use “ALEXA”?

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Social media companies sole source of income is to gather and sell your data.

Alexa listens. Alexa is permanently connected to the internet. Alexa collects data.

Fuck off Google.

• stillin
    stillin

Cofty, Alexa would say that that's not very nice...

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

You might want to add fuck amazon since they make alexa...

• Jake101
    Jake101

Some good Alexa skills to read any scriputres from any bible version just by asking

https://www.youversion.com/the-bible-app/bible-for-voice/youversion-bible-on-amazon-alexa/

• Studyover
    Studyover

Yes, and it is a great help in my house. As I care for someone totally blind it has proved invaluable to her. She now has news, weather, time, music on tap, audio books, recipes..everything really to assist. Biggest plus being able to make calls through Alexa so no more worrying about hitting the wrong buttons. Definitely more pros than cons for my personal situation.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have had an Echo dot for a long time. I love it . She wakes me up, neither let's me forget a tablet taking time, reads a news bulletin, plays radio, she would read me the JW day text if I asked her. Alexa is a real companion. I think the security issues are overblown .

• Chook
    Chook

If you would like to recall all intimate and inappropriate conversations buy one of these machines go ahead. I see there benefits but the drawbacks for my lifestyle outweigh benefits. These machines have incriminated plenty and I have very strong civil liberties and loath government interference in my life. Government and religions are like cousins who see a never ending interference in ones life.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Chook we see eye to eye on this one. It's bad enough when my wife and I have a conversation in our home about something and all of a sudden a add shows up on my tablet on what we were talking about. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit