Do You Use “ALEXA”?

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I got the amazon echo dot and it’s pretty good. Do you use it for anything?

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I bought one on their sale day for 13 bucks. I use it to listen to music or talk radio get the weather ect.

• minimus
    minimus

I don’t have amazon prime so it won’t give me specific groups or artists🤔

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

my daughter in law bought me one for xmas--previous one. it plays the radio. she also bought me a bulb for it to turn on. it didnt. needed a special plug. so she got me a plug. dont work either,

i'm quite ok turning the lights on with a switch. they work.

this year she got me a thin version of alexa--so i can play the radio through my audio system, which doesnt work.

• hoser
    hoser

I’d rather not invite big brother in my house to spy on me. The watchtower organization is intrusive enough

• stillin
    stillin

I would rather have a real servant. A nice full-service servant.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

If you have a cellphone you have invited big brother into your house, your car, your place of work and anywhere else you take your phone...

• minimus
    minimus

Then hello big brother, big brother is everywhere

• Spiral
    Spiral

I use mine daily, including making video calls, turning on my Mom's (although, most days she can tell it to play her music on her own), and use it for music and bluetooth. She can also read books to my Mom. So, I find mine really handy. As mentioned above, as my phone already spies on me, I don't worry too much that Alexa will find anything else out.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I have two dots one in the bathroom where I'll start a bunch of music like "Alexa Shuffle Tony Bennett". He'll sing his numbers until you announce keyword paws and won't resume until you use that key word.

The following Saturday which is 7 days later she will remember that resume means you know who to play continue his music.

I liked it so much that I bought Amazon Auto however I sent it back after three or four days because it's too flaky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit