Some years ago, elder talked bad things about me in field service.....

by Iamallcool 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Like Blondie and so many others, I was gossiped about while I was still active. The gossip was malicious however, I had no idea I was the subject of such hurtful talk until I moved and changed congregations.

Balaamsass was an elder in the new hall and had heard so many stories about me and my ex that he and the CO made a "Shepherding call" on me to find out WTH was going on. I had absolutely NO idea I was "famous". LOL, It was as if I was walking all over town with toilet paper hanging out of my panties blissfully ignorant.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they have the nerve to include slander as a judicial offense? They have had many a talk against hurtful gossip and slander, yet they refuse to abide by their own doctrines here. I thought such blatant hypocrisy is itself grounds to get disfellowshipped.

• blondie
    blondie

3rdgen,

I found out about my reputation destroying gossip from a family (in-law) member who did not believe it but hated me secretly for years and was helping pass it along. My sibling who married this person knew it wasn't true but would not back me up. I confronted an elder and said it had been discussed by the BOE but not found to have any truth in it but admitted he knew others were spreading the lie but would not do anything because it was the wife of an elder who was wealthy and "supported" the congregation financially.

I never really recovered from that and that gossip would crop up here and there. All I can say is that they were paid back with karma. No children stayed jws, all df'd, partly because they knew the truth about their mother and father.

I got through the first stage by realizing that the god I still believed existed knew the truth about me and had the authority over who lived and died at Armageddon. I really found out who my friends were then.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit