Going back to KHs

by asp59 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asp59
    asp59
    Do you believe org gonna go back to regular meetings in KHs? I highly doubt that. Reason is, pedophile situation. They appointed person's in congregation base on hours service every month. Anyone can cheat there. A child most have two witnesses to confirm he/she been abuse. Rules like that make org a haven or paradise for child abusers. This have gone in for decade's and decade's. There must be so many, that's it's probably impossible for them to go back to having meetings in KHs again.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I think they are having high level strategy meetings trying to figure out what to do to keep the organization business alive. Perhaps, some of the higher-ups are so deluded or are so deceiving themselves as to believe that they are being guided by Jehovah, when they are just reacting to current events and situations and trying to survive or at least slow the demise.

They are not proactive; they are always reactive. Just like with the internet. They didn't proactively get ahead and use it; they had to finally react when it was evident that their butts were getting kicked by it.

I kind of doubt things will go back to the way they were... with KH meetings, etc.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Yes they will go back after the social restrictions are lifted, your theorizing and dreaming nonsensically..

They will return to Kingdom Halls just like before the virus problem.

Do you think they are just going to leave thousands of buildings empty and just continue on Zoom ?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Thousands of buildings empty....Nah, they are busy sell those buildings off and have been for a while.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think they are going to try to isolate the rank and file for as long as they can and make this Covid situation hysterical to the point that it clearly appears to be the end of the end times.

seems obvious that donations must be on par with what they were getting when they were having face-to-face meetings otherwise they would have already jumpstarted things to go back to reading in the brick and mortar KHalls.

Follow the money.

As far as the sexual abuse scandals. Watch tower is, if anything, overreacting to where now they notify the authorities on anything that has even the whiff of abuse. They might cling to their 2-witness rule publicly but in reality anything suspicious is getting reported to the authorities, even if it is being reported anonymously.

• SadElder
    SadElder

They must return to regular meetings or they will lose control. Many have already discovered that they like being away from the eldubs and the snoops. It will be interesting to see what the fallout is after they attempt to get everyone back in line.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Personally I think with the break being so long that many luke warmers will no longer feel the need of going back to the regime of weekly meetings at the KH.

It will be very interesting to see what attendance they will get once they resume KH meetings again.

• hoser
    hoser

It is hard to say where it will go. Many “worldly” corporations are now questioning the value of brick and mortar for business meetings. It is so much easier to have a zoom meeting. National organizations can meet without anyone leaving their homes. One colleague of mine said he can get done in half a day what used to take 3 with all the travel involved.

The jws are a different breed though. I believe it is more difficult to guilt and shame over a computer screen. They might need face to face to “encourage” the brothers and sisters.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They will go back to regular boasting session as soon as they see it "safe". Everyone will have to be vaccinated--you can now get disfellowshipped for refusing the vaccine, regardless of the problems it will cause. And there will still be the requirement to wear those stupid masks--and I am expecting them to find some sort of "dress mask" (meaning dry cleaning). The biggest difference will be no more snow days--instead of just canceling the whole thing, they will have it on Zoom.

• pontoon
    pontoon

DesirousOfChange answered the question with one line, "follow the money." That's it, they will evaluate their bottom line and decide which way is more profitable. Anyone know what their monthly $$,$$$,$$$ take is now compared to before Covid? Assemblies, conventions, renting of their assembly halls = huge monthly income. Hard to believe they can come close to that zooming .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit