Did you ever thought this?

by Theonlyoneleft 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

We ,my wife and I just thought they would eventually see the truth because of our good example we set them .?

How self righteous and arrogant was that thinking .

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Until we found out later that the Governing Body members etc visited famous historical churches and "holy places" in their many travels, we used to avoid them because we viewed them as part of Babylon the Great (touch not the unclean thing).

I remember my Mother being apprehensive about visiting West Minster Abbey for example, when we were visiting non JW family in London even though she had invited and fully expected them to come to the meetings with us at the local Kingdom Hall while we were there (which they did, out of politeness).

How narcissistic and arrogant to think that our visiting the historical church that was the flagship of their religion would be offensive to God and them not attending our meetings would be a considered a rejection of the "Truth" and another nail hammered into their collective coffins.

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Pete you’re always welcome in London!!!.....I hope you’ll get to visit the Westminster Abbey one day, it’s a place filled with historical facts ☺️.

Yes I agree with you. For those that are not JWs participating in some activities that JWs do it’s respect but the other side won’t tolerate participation. They are missing out on so much.

Makes me very sad that at important times family just stays away.

The WT rules are not applied to me and others... so why making others suffer this way? I understand it but can’t accept it. Thank you for your comments 🙃

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Pete you’re always welcome in London!!!.....I hope you’ll get to visit the Westminster Abbey one day, it’s a place filled with historical facts ☺️.

Well thank you!!

When I was a kid living in the U.S, we were able to travel quite a bit. One time, after much discussion, I was really upset when I found out that we weren't going to see Westminster Abbey. To this day, the British and Irish side of the family still call me "Mr Abbey" because apparently I said "Why can't we go and see Mr. Abbey??". They all thought that was hilarious and it broke up some of the tension in the room and they still recount the story.

Since then I'm happy to say, I've been able to visit Westminster Abbey and other historical religious sites in Europe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit