OMG....the watchtardedness of the CLAM. ( Cult Lies and Manipulation )

by DATA-DOG 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spiral
    Spiral

This is just so ..... ridiculous! Listening to it now. So illogical!

Beth Sarim, haha it's not just me!

Freddo, thank you, yes! Cofty, no mention of Ruth.

First time I've listened to the CLAM, ugh.

• sandy
    sandy
    But I thought Jehovah would make the rocks speak if need be?
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What, so "mere women and children" could affect or destroy "pure worship"?

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Why did they have to send away the wives and children? Why did they have to split up families? Couldn't they have instructed the men to stop the practice of taking any more foreign wives and and make Jewish proselytes out of the existing foreign wives and children? Why wasn't that option put on the table? Weren't Rahab, Ruth and others given the option of becoming Jewish proselytes? It makes no sense.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I just want to know if the brother and sisters are referring to this meeting as the "clam meeting" whenever they mention it. Sounds like they're going to a fisherman's meeting on Cape Cod.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower
    Sandy:But I thought Jehovah would make the rocks speak if need be?
    Instead we have JWs with rocks in their heads standing mute at "Witnessing" Carts.
    Snakes

• Half banana
    Half banana

DD how can the JW drones ever escape this crude propaganda? The GB perpetually assails their flock with the words “true worship” knowing that their captive audience will nod in agreement and believe.

For goodness sake JWs, there is no possibility of there being such a thing as “true worship” anymore than there can be true religion, true politics, true nature appreciation or true weather. It is a category mistake. Worship is not susceptible to truthfulness or falsity.

I suggest that to worship anything is complete folly and a denial of self. Spend your life helping mankind by all means but worship is a primitive urge to escape divine wrath.

Why didn’t they call it CLAW (worship) it sounds more appropriately menacing?

• steve2
    steve2
    In a patriarchal belief system, women and children are dispensable.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "...The 'True worship' program was so fragile, that it could have been wiped from the face of the Earth in at least two non-overlapping generations..."

Well, call a spade a spade. :smirk:

Something I realized years after my fade... if an idea needs constant, unrelenting reinforcement no matter what, it's probably bullshit.

• blondie
    blondie

This

Deuteronomy 7:3, 4 (only Canaanites)

• 3 You must not form any marriage alliances* with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons.+ 4 For they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods;+ then Jehovah’s anger will blaze against you, and he will swiftly annihilate you.+

• But this
  • Deuteronomy 21:10-14 (Other non-Jewish tribes)
    • 10 “If you go to war against your enemies and Jehovah your God defeats them for you and you take them captive,+ 11 and you see among the captives a beautiful woman and you are attracted to her and you want to take her as your wife, 12 you may bring her into your house. She should then shave her head, attend to her nails, 13 and remove the clothing of her captivity, and dwell in your house. She will weep for her father and her mother a whole month,+ and afterward you may have relations with her; you will become her husband and she will become your wife. 14 But if you are not pleased with her, you should then let her go+ wherever she wishes.* But you may not sell her for money or treat her harshly, since you have humiliated her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit