Has anyone any contacts in Australia specifically Jehovah Witnesses

by tor1500 10 Replies latest jw friends

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

I hope I added this topic so everyone could read & comment. I was just thinking, since this ARC thing, does anyone here know any one in Australia, that knows about the ARC or how it's affecting the JW's there. I used to go to a site that had a really nice person who is a JW, he never argued or debated, never sent back hateful comments, & he lives in Australia. Lately I go to this site to see what's going on. For a while it's been kind of quiet but especially since The ARC.

Since in THE USA, no one is talking about the elephant in the room I was just wondering how the JW's are doing there.

Just wondering...

Tor

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

Allexperts.com Religion JW

Brenton Hepburn

He is very familiar with it and lives there.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Brenton puts the not so bad spin on it here:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/2015/8/royal-commission.htm

Im wondering though, about the list at the bottom of the article, here's the summary -- why in the world would the branch have reports on Non family non witness perps, the next line is questionable as well. Family, non witness would be UBM mainly I suppose. Why would WTS have records on many of these? Anyone know where this info was actually from?

Perpetrators

Non family, non Witness - - - - - - - - - - - - - 199 reports

Family, non Witness - - - - - --- - - - 470 reports

Elders; where victims were family and or non family - - - - - 18

Ministerial Servants; where victims were family and or non family - 32

Parishioners; where victims were family and or non family - - - - 287 reports

TOTAL - - - - - - - - - 1006 reports

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    tor1500 there seems to be a few JWs that have been awoken by the ARC and left as a result, but it is a trickle and not a flood. As usual, most JWs do not want their faith confronted, and dismiss the ARC as riddled with apostate lies.

• Listener
    Listener
    Good question Lost generation. The case figures and breakdown were prepared by the RC from the info given to them by the Watchtower. A quick count through the file show there were only approx. 87 non JWs.
    If the RC got these figures wrong and there were 100s more non JWs the Watchtower would have said so, they have had ample opportunities. At some stage these figures had been discussed.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

tor1500

Don`t expect anything to happen soon my friend as J.W.`s are only part of the ARC investigation into Institutions of Child Sexual Abuse .

The final report is not due out until December of next year I believe .

I think their were seventy plus recommendations the ARC put to the J.W.`s and they have all been challenged

That`s about it as far as I know how it stands at the moment.

How it`s affecting the average J.W. ? Apart from the few who have obviously woken up to TTATT because of the screening of the ARC ,the majority , as jwfacts suggests ,just brush it off as an Apostate conspiracy to defame the true religion , and simply dismiss it.

We Aussies would like it all to come to a head as soon as possible , however its going to take time, and we just have to be patient.

Their is also an enquiry taking place in the U.K. that should prove very interesting .

smiddy

• Listener
    Listener

I've submitted this comment on Allexperts in reply to Brenton's claims, it is awaiting approval.

<<You need to be very careful about listening to JWs regarding child abuse and the Royal Commission in Australia, that is because they may mislead you and often do not give ALL the relevant details. Funny but this is how Brenton feels about ex JWs and says so on his profile.

Brenton claims the following:-

" A law firm did an analysis of the data provided by the WTS over that 65 year period the break down into several, various components. Bellow is just one of those that shows what the number of 1006 cases is made up of

Perpetrators

Non family, non Witness - - - - 199 reports

Family, non Witness - - - 470 reports"

Well that's interesting, the Watchtower gave their full list of 1,006 alleged perpetrators to a legal firm to analyse - for their own benefit. They've been claiming client confidentiality for decades but here they're willing to give a legal firm all the details, voluntarily. No one was making them do this or requested it, it's simply something they Watchtower wanted to do to make themselves look better. Ironically, they don't want to voluntarily inform the higher officials of alleged child abuse because they say they believe in this client confidentiality. This is a significant problem that they have and is being pointed out at the RC.

To clarify the "1,006 cases". Let's be clear here. This is the number of individuals that have been accused of child abuse, unfortunately many of these individuals have been accused of abusing more than one child resulting in the number of incidences or cases of alleged child abuse to be much greater than that.

Now out of these 1,006 perpetrators Brenton claims this law firm calculated that 470 of the alleged individuals were non Witness Family members. It's not true. Fortunately we have this public document available to us that we can check. It can be found on the Aust Royal Commission Website under Case Study 29 (JWs) and is on the second page when you click on exhibits. This is the report prepared by the legal firm - "Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse (“Commission”) – Analysis Summary – Comments and VerificationDocument ID: WAT.0018.001.0001_R"

The report shows that the 470 individuals were in fact JWs, they were also family members of the victims.

As to quoting a figure of 199 non witness, non family, let's examine that. The report actually states that there was 199 "Not Jehovah's Witness,Unbaptised or Status Unclear at the time of alleged abuse" To be accurate, this does not mean 199 were not JWs, it just means that it wasn't clear what their religious status was. It would also include 'publishers' who are not baptized but counted as JWs.

The Report that the Royal Commission prepared from information given to them by the Watchtower shows approx 87 were not JWs.

Please take note that JWs can't even be accurate about reporting on information that the Watchtower has specifically paid for, for their own benefit. >>

• tor1500
    tor1500

HI All,

Wow, you all knew exactly the site & the person, correct Brenton. I was in contact with him years ago. He was a really nice person. I wasn't baptized then, & I was just commenting on what I saw going on in the org. Most of the experts were really mean to me...I even told some of them, they were not supposed to be on that site in the first place...then I said, Ah, I know why some of you witnesses are on the site....Hours...that's how they counted their time....the more I exposed them the more hateful they became..On that site you can't even ask a question, they will blast you, even when it's the truth....I used to say, how were they imitating Jesus by the way replied. Brenton was the only one that was nice to me & he kind of agreed with some of the stuff I mentioned.

So Brenton did comment on the ARC, ummmm. I think for JW's this is hard to swallow, even if they know it's true. Their foundation has been taken away from them...Like most of them say, "Where will we go"? No matter what the #'s are or if they were all witnesses or just some witnesses...It was not addressed & the org. is guilty of this sweeping it under the rug. That's what is hard for most JW's to swallow....The org. tells them how to live their lives & to be truthful, yet the org. isn't. Guess it's like finding something out bad about your parents.

In this world there isn't anywhere one can go for the Truth, once man gets a hold of I,they mess it up.

If Brenton is taking his time to get back to some...Maybe he's being watched & has to be careful of how he replies...The org. is so worried about God's rep., they should be worried about their rep.

I guess time will tell...Thanks all.

Tor

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone
    I figured that's what you were referring to, but I couldn't be sure. I have spent a lot of time there and gotten to know the experts pretty well. I would recommend those dealing with Brenton to ask with respect. He is a very kind person and has been attacked by the other JWs on there for speaking the truth as he sees it even if it disagrees with traditional JW belief. He is okay with being challenged, but it is best to use facts to support your argument.
  • True to the End
    True to the End

Hello,

My name is Brenton Hepburn

It was a surprise to find that there were people how used to read allexperts and ask questions there.

I have just stumbled upon this page some 3 years after the above was was written. The figures I gave as to the perpetrators on allexperts and quoted above are a break down of the 1006 names given to the Australian Royal Commission. If you have clicked on the allexperts web site you will see that they closed it down.

Those figures are from official documents that were sent to the Australian Royal Commission. The ARC summoned for that list and they were provided in a hurry before an analysed could be made. A redacted copy of the 1006 list can be found on the ARC web site as well as the analyst that was provided and given to the ARC.

If you want to see our stand and policies on child abuse here is an old, but informative web site

http://thirdwitness.com/childabuse/default.html

and read this article from the Watchtower

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-may-2019/love-justice-face-of-wickedness/

By the way, for tor1500, I never counted any time while I was answering questions on the all-expert wen site nor do I do it on any other forum since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit