Please sum up the last decade in JW history

by oldskool 38 Replies latest jw friends

• MMP1980
    MMP1980

That one is disturbing. I told my 12 year old daughter about it and her mouth fell open. She said,'That's so sad!'. "Out of the mouth of babes".

• smiddy
    smiddy

Members of the Governing Body used to be just names we heard or maybe a photo in a magazine if he was lucky.In other words their was a mysterious persona about them .

Now they are JW.ORG media personalities , hogging the limelight ,and in some cases showing what buffoons they really are.

The F&F have now been indoctrinated to wear badges , trinkets ,necklaces , bangles broaches etc. with JW.ORG ,the tetragrammaton , WT 1916-2016 H.Q., and all sorts of other trinkets advertising the cult .

smiddy

• flipper
    flipper

" Please Sum Up the Last Decade in JW History "

2006- Lies & Deception

2007- Lies & Deception

2008- Lies & Deception

2009- Lies & Deception

2010- Lies & deception

2011- Lies & Deception

2012- Lies & Deception

2013- Lies & Deception

2014- Lies & Deception

2015- Lies & Deception

That about covers it

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Decline, from gentle to precipitous, with distinct indications of panic emanating from the top.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Tony Morris the Turd has demonized coloured socks and tight pants.

Stephen Lett thinks there is more evidence to support the established Kingdom than gravity, electricity, or wind.

The Zalkin Law Firm in the U.S. has a number of JW child abuse cases in the pipeline.

• oldskool
    oldskool

The prominence of the JW.org logo is striking, as if they are attempting to tap into current tech startup branding tricks.

It is also striking because the prominent iconography for the Witnesses for decades was the Watchtower itself. That seems like it is on the way out.

Watching JW tv right now.....starting another thread....can't believe how insane it is....

• Heaven
    Heaven

Back in 2010, I had to have an internet connection installed at my Dad's house because I needed to work from his place while I assisted him with his cataract post-surgery procedures.

He was major league freaked out. Dad thought Satan himself was going to ooze right into the house through the wires.

Of course, nothing bad happened.

Even back then they had their website although it wasn't great (yeah, it still isn't) and it was pre-video era. Now it's their pride and joy. Soooo.... what happened to change the demons coming through the interwebs to infect everyone to now it's all a-ok?

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Former belief - field service is a publishers inalienable right
    New belief - field service privilege can be taken away if person styles hair or wears clothing in a way that is deemed metrosexual.
    I was pretty much dumbfounded.

Actually anybody could go out and say they are a witness even an apostate. JWs really would have no way of knowing and could do very little about it. Sure if you wanted to go with the group they could probably exclude you but you don't really need a group.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

I don't think it was mentioned yet but they did a WT on types and anti-types explaining why most of the time it doesn't make sense to give anti-typical meanings to bible characters and parables. Then they continued to use anti-types to explain: 1914, 1919, Faithful and Discreet Slave, Generation Teaching etc. WTF?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit