Welcome to all the newbies and lurkers that have joined this forum lately.

by smiddy3 32 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hello blisterfeet--and boko--welcome to the forum.

• arwen
    arwen

Welcome to any new ones or lurkers. I was a lurker in 2005. I was scared to death to join the group but it was the best thing I ever did. Baby Steps. That’s what someone told me. Today, I can truly say I have such a different and fantastic life. Freedom is a wonderful thing. Wishing you all freedom.

• millie210
    millie210

Welcome blisterfeet and boko!

When I first joined this site I felt like

a) what if I am betraying Jehovah by doing so?

b) what if a friend or elder finds out I am here?

c) what if the people here dont understand MY unique path that brought me here?

As you can see, I had a lot of angst.

What happened is no one looked for me and nothing bad happened whatsoever.

Instead, I got the love and support the Org promises but doesnt deliver. I found that we ALL have a unique story and that is in fact our commonality.

I found reasons to back up my suspicions that JWs are not a fact based religion. The depth of research and thought given here to such topics as scriptural inaccuracies, 1914, the blood issue, pedophilia within the Org, the mishandling of monies - and how they make money from such things as assemblies, relief work and the way kingdom halls are owned was all news to me, even as a lifelong JW.

The relief when I realized it is them that has the problem (not me) was profound.

I wish each and everyone of you here the same joy I have gotten from knowing the real truth about "the truth".

Welcome to this site!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Welcome lurkers and newbies! If you want to read more about the early years of the Watchtower, newspaper archives are a great place to start. The Brooklyn Daily Eagle covered the ever growing Russelites/International Bible Students/Watchtower movement as it continued to grow in Brooklyn in the early years.

You can view the clippings I have found here: https://bklyn.newspapers.com/profile/Wild_Thing/clippings/1 or search on your own.

Here is one interesting article from 1909. It is about when Russel first moved the Watchtower Headquarters from the Pittsburgh area to Brooklyn. https://bklyn.newspapers.com/clip/15945460/divorced_pastor_here_opens_new/

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That is excellent Wild_Thing no ,,correction that is sensational that you have compiled all of those clippings .

To the newbies and lurkers here I have learned so much more about the Jehovah`s Witness religion and the Bible since I joined this sight 10 years ago than all of the 33 years I was an active JW

That JW`s are Bible students is a joke more likely they are students (if you can call it that) of the Watchtower publications.

As" Are you serious" suggests the WT`s own kingdom Interlinear Translation is a big help in waking up to TTATT

Just a couple of points : 1. The Tetragrammaton nor it`s Greek equivalent appear in the Greek script so the word Jehovah should not appear in the Christian Greek Scriptures that they base their NWT on.

2. In john 1;1 The NWT reads In the beginning the word was and the word was with God and the word was a god ..However in the Kingdom Interlinear it simply states that " the word was God"

Just two examples of deception.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Greetings!

My advice is get into the water slowly, say hi and don't go jumping into the deep end until you get a feel for the people splashing around there.

I would like to add to what smiddy3 said above about the Tetragrammaton not being in the Greek source texts.

I'm not going to argue about what people call the Son but I will point to scripture so people can (hopefully) settle it in their own hearts and minds.

Yehoshua means YHVH is salvation.

Yehoshua said that the Father would send the Holy Spirit in "My name".

Scripture says to repent and be baptised in the name of Yehoshua and receive the Spirit.

Scripture says that all those who call on the NAME of YHVH will be saved AND we are told that there is no other name given under heaven by which we must be saved except Yehoshua.

Yehoshua said to go and make disciples...baptizing then in the name of the Father, in the name of the Son and the name of the Holy Spirit.

*The only one name that CAN be is Yehoshua because that name contains the name of the Father and it is in that name the Holy Spirit is sent.

*The name Jesus just doesn't contain the name of the Father (YHVH/Yah). The Holy Spirit is sent from the Father (Yah)(ezekiel 36:27) in the name of Yehoshua.

*The name Jesus doesn't glorify the Father nor does it make known His name, which Yehoshua said was part of His "mandate". (John 17:26)

YHVH or Yehovah wasn't all over the place in the Greek source texts BECAUSE the name that incorporated the Father's name (Yehoshua) was THE name believers were to use to magnify and bring Glory to the Father.

So, Jehovah's Witness translators seem to have made an error in their efforts to "restore" the Greek scriptures.

Restoration of the text or "rebranding" the text?

Take care noobs! ❤

• zeb
    zeb

re money. One of my earliest experiences was at a convention when the call went out for more funds over what had been given. I saw the donation boxes been taken away and thought there is no way that could have been counted in the time before they were asking for more.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Two more congregations in the Rochester, NY area now defunct. Good-bye to Webster & Irondequoit. I was at the Palmyra congregation for years. They kept waiting to buy property & build a new hall. The GB sold the hall & scattered the members to the wind. Yes sir, the GREAT INFLUX at this TIME OF THE END is just a marvel to behold. I no longer look to argue with life members such as my ex mother-in-law. This is all they have. A life invested in a lie.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY:

There must be alot of unhappy people sitting in Halls around the world wondering what’s wrong with their religion (or themselves).

Welcome to all the newbies and I hope they find relief and happiness.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have counted at least another 12 people who have joined this site in the last couple of months that havent been counted before to my knowledge

Again a warm welcome to all of you because you know who you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit