SHUNNED FATHER GOES TO COURT - AGAIN

by SHUNNED FATHER 23 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Best of luck from Thunder and I.

• Scully
    Scully

Further to Uzzah's comment:

Glen How actually bragged about not having to pay costs in the Young v. Young case during a presentation he made to Canada's House of Commons in October of 1995. He also attempted to slam Mme. Justice Proudfoot (the judge who decided to levy costs against Glen How & Associates in that case) in the process:

Mr. How: Yes, I would be happy to. This is something that was the basis of the Young v. Young case. The mother came to court saying that she was intolerant and that she demanded her husband be stopped from talking about his religion to the children. Her intolerance was the basis of the case.

I will refer you back to tab 2. I've quoted some of the judgments to show you the completely opposite views of judges.

The trial judge was Justice Proudfoot. With the greatest of respect, she's a lady who sometimes seems to come to court with her mind already made up before the case starts. Worse than that, if counsels continue to disagree with her, she treats it as a personal affront.

In that particular case, when the case was over and she ruled against me, she also said that I ought to be condemned to pay all the costs, which was a little matter of around $50,000. I would have felt bad except that she had done the same thing with three other lawyers and the Court of Appeal reversed all those cases anyway.

This is what she ordered. This is not a legal order; this is a religious order:

The respondent shall not discuss the Jehovah's Witness religion with the children and shall not take any of the children to any religious services, canvassing or meetings, without the written consent of the petitioner...

Mind you, that's the petitioner who broadcast her own intolerance.

So he can't talk to them of it and he can't take them to church with him.

The judge said he:

...shall not expose the children to the religious discussions with a third party...

In other words, the subject of the religion of the father can't even be mentioned.

You can find the statement here:
    http://www.parl.gc.ca/committees/jula/evidence/174_95-10-17/jula174_blk101.html

Love, Scully

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

An interesting case where the Watchtower inflated costs and were largely shot down is here:

http://www.canlii.org/sino/disp.pl/mb/cas/mbqb/2001/2001mbqb204.html?query=Glen%20How&lang=en

They claimed costs of $134,000 approx and ended up with $25,000.

Expatbrit

• Simon
    Simon

Good luck Lawrence ... we'll be with you in spirit and hoping all goes well.

• avishai
    avishai

Give the bastards hell, lawrence!!!

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

My thoughts and prayers are with you Lawrence. Go get em'

Devon McBride

• Mary
    Mary

Godspeed Lawrence!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Dave and I are with you, in spirit. Good job!!!!!!! I hope things work out for you, in all areas.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello Lawrence!

Sending you many hugs and lots of emotional support...YOU GO!!!!!!!

Hugs

Annie

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

lawrence; i've been following this travesty of justice , that has been a yoke on your sholders... you have done a A-1 job of sticking it to that bullshit org the wt. i think you have done more than anyone else i have heard about.. i'm so sorry that god's org killed your family .if that's how the kingdom is to be i don't want any part of it!!!!! when i tell myt dad a jw about your abuse from the wt he just laughs.... and changes the subject.. i give you and your family my best prays ..this is important how you are being persicuted from jehovah's org.. it makes me sick... stand strong ...freedom in christ john you are one of the strongest men i have never had the pleasure to meet...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit