Blondies Thoughts on Generous Giving WT article for Octobeer 21, 2018

by blondie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

careful, the WTS has backed off 1935 being an end date for god calling out anointed. With all the "new" anointed partaking, they really had to. It is as some ex-jws have said that such a high standard was not required of Christians of the first century, people were anointed at baptism, no need for FT service. Remember that women can be and are of the anointed in the WTS. You are thinking of the requirements for the governing body. I have known jws that in the middle of their career had switched from other sheep to anointed. Some were obvious humble people and others lorded it over others claiming that received personal revelations from god. This was discussed in a Question for Readers in 2007.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007327?q=anointed+1935&p=par

In 1935 the “great crowd” of Revelation 7:9-15 was understood to be made up of “other sheep,” Christians with an earthly hope, who would appear on the world scene in “the last days” and who as a group would survive Armageddon. (John 10:16; 2 Timothy 3:1; Revelation 21:3, 4) After that year, the thrust of the disciple-making work turned to the gathering in of the great crowd. Hence, especially after 1966 it was believed that the heavenly call ceased in 1935. This seemed to be confirmed when almost all who were baptized after 1935 felt that they had the earthly hope. Thereafter, any called to the heavenly hope were believed to be replacements for anointed Christians who had proved unfaithful.

Without a doubt, if one of the anointed unrepentantly falls away, Jehovah does call another individual to take his place. (Romans 11:17-22) However, the number of genuine anointed ones who have become unfaithful is likely not large. On the other hand, as time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8:16, 17) Thus, it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends.

How should a person be viewed who has determined in his heart that he is now anointed and begins to partake of the emblems at the Memorial? He should not be judged. The matter is between him and Jehovah. (Romans 14:12) However, genuine anointed Christians do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special “insights,” beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have. They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the other sheep have; nor do they expect special treatment or claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation. They humbly remember that some anointed men in the first century did not qualify to serve as elders or ministerial servants. (1 Timothy 3:1-10, 12, 13; Titus 1:5-9; James 3:1) Some anointed Christians were even spiritually weak. (1 Thessalonians 5:14) And sisters, although anointed, did not teach in the congregation.​—1 Timothy 2:11, 12.

• waton
    waton

Thereafter, any called to the heavenly hope were believed to be replacements for anointed Christians who had proved unfaithful. B

That explains why we now have so many new partakers! the old guard really were unfaithful.

really though, approved heavenly rulers with Christ are martyrs, Just because one is in the Governing body, if one dies in bed with a dose of morphine, means does the rule is over, not a candidate to rule with The Lamb. Guillotine victims in wartime Germany ranked higher.

If all the story would have to be taken seriously.

• hoser
    hoser

I sat through the meeting today.

I agree that giving is good. Just not to people who don’t appreciate it or will take advantage of my good nature.

Therefore I don’t give to the watchtower organization anymore.

My recent giving:

The lady in front of me was short of money for her lunch because she forgot she wrote a check for her kids school supplies. I bought her lunch

My employees went above and beyond these last few months as we are doing a major expansion. I’m planning on giving them a Christmas bonus

If the thankless watchtower organization wants any more of my money they’ll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.

• Tech49
    Tech49

I would like to make a comment about paragraph 18, the one that "quotes" researchers, with no notations as to source material. Firstly, just horrid writing skills, again with the 5th grade level writing.

Here we see a typical method of quote mining, one that I absolutely hate. No where in life would you get away with writing a paper on a subject, quote someone else's work, and then not cite your source. Except for WT writers. I remember way back when they listed the sources for their quotes on the back page of the magazines. Ya, not any more. The sheeple just lap this stuff up and never check any sources! Its almost comical.... any time I see this stuff, I pull out my phone and do a quick search!

Here is why they don't quote their source on this particular item. If you do a word search for the phrase in paragraph 18 that is "quoted" (people report a significant happiness boost after doing kind deeds for others), it brings up only 1 article on Altruism from a UC Berkley website, with that phrase intact. The reason, in my humble opinion, that they don't cite the source, is that the same article says a whole lot more. It discusses evolutionary processes that contribute towards this activity in the brain. It also discusses this as a positive effect on higher education, success in achieving financial benefits, and also a key to having good sexual relationships, and MORE SEX

There is a whole lot more, here is the direct link, so that you can see for yourself: https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/topic/altruism/definition#why-practice

The other 2 phrases "quoted" in the paragraph are from different sources, but all can be found in other Berkeley articles on psychology. Or maybe just freelance writers that have been published on UCB websites? Now, we couldn't have all you JW's reading about any of THAT stuff, so lets just take one tiny partial sentence out of context from several different source articles, and insert it into our study to "prove" our point. Its almost as bad as quoting their own literature to "prove" a point. Ridiculous and sad. I'm definitely NOT saying that the point they are trying to make is not genuine.... but why go to such lengths to "not disclose" the source materials?

Again, as someone else on this site mentions frequently, if you have to cheat to show that you are right, then maybe you are just a liar.

Furthermore, WHY do it in the first place? Just to make yourself look learned and scholarly, like your writing department knows more than everyone else? Anyone with half a brain can do a quick fact check! Classic example of treating their subjects like simpletons. Then again, if the shoe fits...…...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit