Mandatory Donations??? Is This Accurate?

by Atlantis 28 Replies latest jw friends

• New day
    New day

We had this too some years ago but only to get a ballpark figure of how much the cong could afford, not a solemn pledge.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo
    In the USA Resolutions pass so this is a Mandatory donation - you can spin it anyway you want but in JW world the Synonym for 'Suggested' is MANDATORY.
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you everybody! It would seem that the Watchtower Mandatory "Condo-Paradise", might be too expensive for the JW budget!

Petra!

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    BourneIdentitya day ago
    $8.50 per publisher and 8.6 million publishers worldwide works out to $73 million a month they will roll in.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/1281592d-cba7-4c3e-b32b-c11b17442e06

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

JWs used to get magazines, books, assemblies, and conventions in return for their donations to the society.

What exactly do they receive now? The videos, I suppose. Is that it?

Watchtower also promise to take over responsibility for renovations to the KH, but in reality it costs far less than the donation price hike. Plus local JWs are still expected to maintain their own KH on a day to day basis.

Everyone knows this is a bad deal. Everyone knows Watchtower is trying it on, probably because of a mixture of legal costs, and keeping up the living standards of the GB and others at headquarters.

Will ordinary JWs go into their pockets for that?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

"personal resolution" is cult speak for promise to pay... this is a promise they are making to god their creator who gave them everything... even free food during the pandemia

"monthly donation" cult speak for mandatory monthly fees...

with a little manipulation by guilt....... "some people give less, for that reason other give more" nobody wants to be the one who gives less... therefore many will give more.

poor countries are the ones who give more.... the widow, the widow.

these rats begging for money for the creator of money. the one who created gold and silver and hid inside the earth..but forgot where he put it and doesn't know how to get it out

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I was presented with a personal pledge form - must have been 2014 or 15 sometime round then. I looked at the elder who presented it and said, "put that away."

I could see he was ashamed even to have to hand it to me. It was contrary to everything we had been taught.

As he put it back into his folder he looked more relaxed. He knew it was the wrong thing to do. But now he could tell Bully Elder Whoever that he had tried to give me a form.

I felt like scribbling up my own form and handing it to them telling them what my hourly rate was for attending.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wonder if they really do close down those congs that dont pay enough or dont meet the suggested donation.

• sir82
    sir82
    $8.50 per publisher and 8.6 million publishers worldwide

$8.50 per month is the amount for the USA. The amounts are different, usually much less, than for other countries.

And these are "suggested" amounts, Some congregations will pay less, and some will pay more.

And has been noted earlier on this thread, these amounts go toward covering CO expenses and Kingdom Hall liability coverage expenses. These amounts have been collected in a similar manner for 15-20 years or more.

All that said.....yes, it's a big chunk of change going into the WTS coffers every month. But it is certainly nothing new.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit