Mandatory Donations??? Is This Accurate?

by Atlantis 28 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Mmm , hardly "mandatory " since the elders have to consider whether they can manage it or not. Even if resolved, what happens if in the future they say they can't meet the commitment? They just tell the Branch and they have to accept what is offered.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

You do that a couple of times as local BOE and someone higher up will call in to let them know that, if this keeps up, their KH is to be amalgamated.

• hoser
    hoser

One of the things circuit overseer scrutinises is amount of donations remitted to branch. And yes they will close your Kingdom Hall but only after you have been given false hope by a renovation project.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

This practice has been going on for a number of years. Except that instead of different amounts one single amount is being sent now.

Congregations have the option to change the amount anytime they like. They just have to talk to the branch.

In many congregations, the amount decided by the elders is almost laughable. In my congregation, the amount that is sent every month is equal to my electricity bill for a month, and we have 90 publishers, more on the wealthier wide, due to us being in a metro city.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Regular business for the fiscal year starting in September. Goes with the resolutions to pay into the CO insurance funds, assembly hall maintenance

Big difference from churches us I NEVER see anything come back.

The well off congregations usually are skinflints--being charitable costs money that can be spent on boats, vacations etc.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you everyone!

Petra!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Bourneldentity: $8.50 per publisher and 8.6 million publishers worldwide works out to $73 million a month they will roll in.

The vast majority of these 8.6 JWs are from the poorest countries in the world. The U. S. claims to have 1.2 million. How many of these 1.2 million are low hour...nearly inactive & unreliable publishers. My guess is...that if WT can get 750,000 to contribute $8.50 monthly in the U.S. your talking tops $8 million. The WT leadership has often been heard to say that the JWs in the U.S. wind up covering/carrying the overhead/debt of all the poor countries...which is true.

Bottom-line...WT is operating in the red!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...I remember one time hearing a C.O. talk about the problem WT had in big cities with dead-beat dads...individual JW fathers who were either behind in their child support payments or not paying at all. Add to that, the amount of single JW women raising children on their own and on low income. Me thinks WT is rolling in debt...Yay!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...what must it take to maintain the payroll of the COs & their wives worldwide? There's roughly 10,000 to12,000 COs thru out the world...add their wives...your talking 24,000 individuals. At $300 a pop for payroll, medical & etc...that's nearly $8 million monthly. Add to that the payroll of the thousands of Special Pioneers & Missionaries 'Mother' is maintaining. Yah...I think like rubber-face Lette one time said on camera...'We have more going out than coming in'! I say...'Let's keep it that way'! :-) :-)

• tottenkopf
    tottenkopf

One of the KHs I used to go to had every head of the household pledge what they thought they could pay every month. It was the first and only time I saw this but I have no idea if anyone else saw this in their congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit