Thinking about...Oompahh...these days

by Gorbatchov 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Do you still remember Oompahh? The last weeks he is in my mind. Not forgotten.

G.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    Yes, but I was fairly new here. Very sad. I too think about him sometimes, hard to forget his tragic and sad situation. Have to wonder if his family ever woke up, but what pain for them if they do. This religion causes so much harm. :(
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Didn't have a chance to communicate with him before as I wasn't active on the forum back then. I remember he committed suicide after being shunned by his family. Sad...
  • cognac
    cognac
    Yes, I remember him very well... He was such a sweet person. Miss him...
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

He was a great and lovely guy, it is so sad that it is directly down to the WT/JW shunning that he took his own life.

He could not longer take the pain that the JW "religion" was inflicting upon him.

Those Bastards at Bethel have so much blood on their hands.

In better times he sent a series of well written letters to the WT/JW Headquarters about the insertion of the name Jehovah in to the Book of Revelation, something that Eric felt was totally wrong for a number of reasons.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

It is a tragic shame what this religion has done and keeps on doing. They have a lot of blood on their collective hands. Ooompah couldn't go on anymore and for him it was the only solution. Some years back another poster "Puter" was in the same situation and chose the same path.

May they both rest in peace!

HappyDad

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Yes, I also remember his sad ending. I hope he is at peace
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Yes, I remember him, and the sinking feeling when reading about what happened.

I remember enjoying his postings.

• jaydee
    jaydee

I too think of him, and others from years ago,

and wonder where they are these days.

Image result for thinking emoji

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    I remember him well. So sad. But glad there is a future and a hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit