Blood card

by Inabunker 25 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Half banana
    Half banana

Inabunker welcome to the site. It's not an easy task to get out of the JW cocoon, so many restraining threads of connection have to be cut through to become free.

With the blood matter, the GB have developed a cunning plan to mark those who are gullible enough to give their lives to the organisation. If you are prepared to literally sacrifice yourself or your children in obedience to them; you are counted as being "in". Hence the demand for documentation, to put it in writing. Such extreme loyalty in a cult is a capital resource.

In the JW cult, the paramount doctrine is total rank and file obedience to the leadership because on this, their survival, their power and their prestige depends. God's spirit has nothing to do with anything! The JW org now is all about the leadership...it's nauseating isn't it?

I do hope you can reveal TTATT (the truth about the truth) to your wife in a way which does not alienate her. Wishing you all the best in your escape.

• Linda
    Linda

Hi Inabunker. I too am a recent escapee of the cult. I have my eyes open and my heart belongs to God what ever name he goes by. I am so thankful for this site. We are here to support each other and help break the chains of GB idiots. Hate those assholes.

Thank you,

Linda

• Tallon
    Tallon

Welcome Inabunker. Glad you joined us and congratulations on your first post on this site.

I know exactly how you feel. My fade has been over a number of years and have been totally inactive for 3 years. It took a lot of courage for me to visit sites such as this one, let alone post comments !

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Orphan crow nailed it with what ypu are looking for. It's Canada specific. Not even sure if the HTC peeps in the US even know about it. Probably not.

Blood was the first thing to fall for me as well. The implications of being wrong there, the arguments and mental gymnastics needed to try to justify it, and the dishonest notion of how it has evolved.....put me on my heels and woke me up. The single most indefensible major doctrine in my opinion.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Welcome!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    problemaddict: It's Canada specific. Not even sure if the HTC peeps in the US even know about it. Probably not.

This protocol has been in place at McGill Children's Hospital in Montreal for over a decade. Just think of how many children could have received life saving blood transfusions if all hospitals adopted this protocol or if the HLC made this provision known and available for all JW parents. But no...the WTS would rather see children die, families suffer, and get the media coverage when children are made the center of their ridiculous blood doctrine. The WTS would rather use sick children to promote their alternative brand of bloodless treatment than share information with all their members

McGill Children’s Hospital in Montreal has had such a protocol for about a decade, and found that it brought about a “real, significant drop” in conflicts, said Lori Seller, a clinical ethicist at the facility.
    All the ethicists stress, as well, that some Jehovah’s Witnesses do not agree with the blood ban, but are anxious that their green light to transfusion be kept confidential.
    “Some families are really more concerned about other Jehovah’s Witnesses finding out they consented to the blood transfusion,” said Ms. Seller.
  • LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

Welcome Inabunker Big step for you, posting here. I remember my first time just a couple of months ago - a bundle of nerves! Sneaking around is hard on the nerves - maybe don't wait too long to break the news to your wife. You know your marriage better than anyone, but the first words out of her mouth might be something like "And how long exactly have you been sneaking around behind my back on these apostate sites?" She could lose trust in you and feel betrayed.

I didn't know how to broach the subject with my husband, that I was on this forum. So I "accidentally on purpose" was reading on the forum on my laptop computer while sitting right next to him - all he had to do was glance over and he could see. And we were off to the races! Not pretty! I don't know if I'd do it that way again, and I'm certainly not suggesting it here, and I can second-guess myself like crazy that another approach would have resulted in a better outcome, but it is what it is .... and you know what? knowing him the way that I do, knowing myself, knowing our history - the result would have been the same no matter how I broached it - a whole lot of upset!! It was a relief, though, to get it out in the open.

Sorry if I'm off topic here ...

• Wayward
    Wayward

Hi Inabunker. The blood issue was one of the first things I really thought about and rebelled over. I used to go to the annual meeting where we'd be issued new blood cards, get mine signed and witnessed, then rip it up. It's such a crazy teaching. Even the GB realize how crazy it is and have been trying weasel a way around it without dropping it openly: 'blood fractions' for example. Where do they think 'blood fractions' come from hmmmm?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Wayward: I used to go to the annual meeting where we'd be issued new blood cards, get mine signed and witnessed, then rip it up

Yeah...that is why the WTS' new rules are to have the medical directive on file with the congregation elders.

Not enough JWs abiding by the noblood law to keep all those bloodless clinics viable, I guess

• Inabunker
    Inabunker

Thanks for the info all, so the letter of understanding is only available to Canada JW's?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit