The Cry of Peace And Security

by jwfacts 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A bit late in coming, but I have a new article on the cry of peace and security at https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/peace-and-security.php

This was prompted by Trump using the term peace and security a few times in 2017 and 2018, and the excitement this generated amongst Jehovah's Witnesses.

I would love to see other quotes you like on this topic, or texts and experiences.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Masterful exposition, Paul! Exhaustive research.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks Room 215, though a lot of it is just information I collated from what has been posted across different forums.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Thanks Paul, for updating this subject. For most active JWs, it still is their favourite “go to” prophecy whenever anything happens politically that might remotely seem to indicate that they finally got a prediction right. As usual, it just fades away into the annals of time with the JWs disappointed once again.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes quite correct Paul as you stated in your article ...

Peace and Security is not a modern phrase.

This has been proclaimed often going back to biblical times and forward up to are own modern times, documented in history.

For example when Cyrus conquered Nebuchadnezzar overtaking Babylon in 539 BCE. he proclaimed peace and security to all enslaved inhabitants, such as the Israelites.

Nations who have fought and eventually drew up a peace plan between the imposing nations proclaiming peace have occurred many times throughout human history.

• Mum
    Mum

Back in the '70's, I used to go out in service often with a fellow wife of an elder. She was also a regular pioneer. She told me that Nixon had "already cried peace," but I'm not sure of which occasion she was referring to. Personally, I do not recall Nixon's saying anything about peace and security. Her assertion might have had something with China coming out of the shadows and joining the UN, which prompted a lot of speculation among the witnesses of that time.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If there was ever a stand out year for the cry of peace and security it was when the United Nations recognised 1986 as the International Year of Peace. This was in response to the 1985 Geneva Summit [1] where Gorbachev and Reagan met on a "mission of peace" to discuss ending the nuclear arms race. Nothing could be more climatic for Watchtower doctrine, considering the importance put on the United Nations as central in prophetic fulfilment of the last days.

I couldn`t agree more especially that last sentence ,when the Watchtower has said that the United Nations Organization was the counterfeit Kingdom Of God over all mankind .

• alanv
    alanv

Politicians have spoke for years about peace and security. That is why every now and then JWs get excited when someone speaks about it. Peace and security does occur sometimes but only in a limited way. I certainly wouldnt be geting excited about anything Trump says.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Yes, some day after a few years after a possible end of a Third world War when the UN has got the power and authority over all countries of the world will they be able to declare "Peace and Security".

Thera are.a lot of end time prophecies that have to get their fulfilments first.

But most of the end time prophecies will occur during and shortly after a time period of 3 and half years. It is that period that is defined as 1260 days and 42 months and time, times and half a time.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

This post (on another site) has links to my personal research about 1Th 5:3, if you are interested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit