Beards a-poppin!

by neat blue dog 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

...I realize that none of them are likely Ministerial Servants, and per current policy do not qualify to appear on an assembly program.

Maybe that's why they have it?

• Spiral
    Spiral

Or maybe, just maybe, there's such a shortage of younger brothers who are "reaching out" (blech) that they are willing to budge just a little. (I have heard that there has been a real shortage of worker bee MS-wannabes volunteering to the the grunt work. That makes it hard of the special ones to do what they need to do.)

So, giving in a little on beards might help. Later, of course, they might change their minds and pull the carpet right out from under the bearded ones. There might not be anyone left to care.

• steve2
    steve2

Or maybe, just maybe, there's such a shortage of younger brothers who are "reaching out" (blech) that they are willing to budge just a little.

Necessity is the mother of new light. Policies change because circumstances force the change.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Necessity is the mother of new light. Policies change because circumstances force the change.

So very true steve2

And we have examples in the following.

1914 ,when armageddon was going to happen and all the IBSA believers were going to heaven

1925 When JF Rutherford said that 1925 was more certain than 1914 that the faithfull men of old would be resurrected in that year.

Their was expectancy during the period of WW2 that the end was near.

Then of course the well documented period leading up to the year 1975 where the GB of the WT society led their faithfull to expect Armageddon would occur in that year or failing that no more than a few months later but certainly not years away.

More recently the religion was saying that Gods prophecys about the Great Tribulation and Armageddon would be fullfilled by the end of the 20th Century

And hear we are in the 21st century with none of the JW/WT predictions are even on the horizon.

Remember" Babylon The Great Gods Kingdom Rules" ? where they stated religion was in decline ? A failed prophecy.

The green book "Your Will Be done On Earth " the USSR was the king of the north

The USSR does not exist anymore and the JW`s do not know who is the king of the north

Conclusion : It doesnt seem to me like they are getting their information from a living God who knows what he is doing if they can get so many things wrong.

Maybe ,just maybe they arent being used by God/Jehovah after all.

• steve2
    steve2

Very helpful overview smiddy. 👏👏

• Spiral
    Spiral

Or maybe, just maybe, there's such a shortage of younger brothers who are "reaching out" (blech) that they are willing to budge just a little.

steve2: Necessity is the mother of new light. Policies change because circumstances force the change.

Yep!

smiddy: Your overview reminds me that pretty much everything "important" we learned growing up is gone!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't hold out much hope that an increase in the incidence of Beards means that there is some sort of revolt going on, or more waking up.

But I do hope it is a sign that fewer are prepared to toe the Party Line, when others observe this, and see no sanctions, or at least ones that the Beard wearers care about, it will weaken the control of the Org, if only in small ways.

Baby Steps get there in the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit