Lawyers release survey on alleged Jehovah's Witness child abuse

by Tahoe 28 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    You can watch the ''Jehovah's Witness issue-related portion'' of today's Q&A session at the Japanese Diet in the video below. * I received permission from the political party for publication. Just in case.'

(auto generate - English in settings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJIjh38fHOg

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

3rd generation says, -

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

But Jehovah's Witness 'New Light' says, there's no need to apologize.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/173ay7x/gods_channel_we_are_not_embarrassed_about/

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

They'd better get some new light fast, on the issues of how to treat CSA cases, blood transfusions and the shunning of children.

Does anyone remember when the Japan branch was the WT's golden boy, the example held up to the rest of the JW world?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

My earliest memories at around 3 are of beatings with a belt.

The biggest proof of JWs being a death cult is the required "Blood Card" carried by all members in good standing and their children. Nothing short of a suicide pact...in writing.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Balaamsass2, I asked on another thread a few months ago about the blood card. I had memories from years ago of people discussing incidents where the blood cards ♦️ were checked by visiting officials, probably COs, to make sure that they were current and being carried on the person of the various JWs. Do you remember any such enforcement measures being taken? I was under the impression that it was an annual event.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I remember as an Elder book and study conductor being instructed by HQ in a letter to annually check publisher's cards.

It was used as an ID at a few conventions to receive JW-only publications.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

'His parents instructed him to state his refusal to have a transfusion.
    He repeatedly practiced his “lines” in front of the hospital’s examination room. He then recited them exactly to the doctor: “I believe in the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, so I cannot undergo a blood transfusion.”

This may be the same experience. Fascinating that hospitals never got a court order for children in Japan.

• was a new boy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit