Ever notice no pictures of any JW get togeathers?

by JimmyYoung 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Sparky That little girl in the picture cracks me up. She’s looking at the camera man like “do you know what the brass monkeys is Goin’ on coz I sure as sh**e don’t ....”🤪🤪

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Then there's always the super elder that will dress casually to fool everyone into believing he's cool...........when he's still actually a wazzock.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

My congregation still has regular gatherings and dinners. Often times, I'm invited somewhere multiple times per week. This is in an area where there is no movie theater, bowling or even a park to visit. We just make our own fun, and I have to say, it's what has been keeping me sane while I'm stuck in my current situation. My old congregation (moved last year) was similar. This is the biggest thing I'll miss when I leave. It really felt like we were all in this together, even when I knew it was all wrong.

It would seem that many JWs are cautious about what social pics they post online due to not knowing how many people at the gatherings would be ok with it and due to extreme paranoia that someone, somewhere, is going to misunderstand something about the picture and get them in trouble.

There is a pretty stark distinction I've noticed between two different kinds of JW social media users. The first is the kind that you can follow for years and never know that they were a JW, because they do everything possible to hide it. The second is the kind you can follow for years and never know that they were anything but a JW, because they do everything possible to advertise it.

• stillin
    stillin

One of the elder's wives here absolutely lives for the congregation get-together. She puts together themes and exhibitions and assigns dishes to be made, etc.

Maybe I'm socially challenged, but it always seemed strained and forced.

Even so, I don't have much of a social life now, other than enjoying the company of people who I work with. Those congregation parties had their place for those who must have "a life."

I think the WT has suggested that the r&f have guilt about enjoying larger gatherings. Personally, I prefer intimacy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Since "get-togethers" aren't explicitly condoned, and full-on parties are essentially forbidden-in-all-but-name-only, loyal JWs probably don't want to leave any evidence of their "spiritual weakness".

Pics on social media (something that is already frowned upon by the Org, anyway) would definitely qualify as that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit