Apostasy Reviews on Rotten Tomatoes ... Spot the JW LOL!

by Exelder 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• Exelder
    Exelder

On Rotten Tomatoes, Apostasy has 100% success from critics (Very rarely that critics are unanimous in their approval of a film) and 97% from the audience.

I have loved reading the reviews as they are almost all ex JW's but there is one glaring review that is almost certainly from one active JW who is pleading that the film be banned, even though they haven't actually seen it (typical) and it made me laugh:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/apostasy_2017/reviews/?type=user

Hint: Silas :)

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Looks like "Silas T" made an account to just put a negative review on this film.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Exelder:

Thank you for pointing us towards the reviews of Apostasy on Rotten Tomatoes! I started reading them and couldn't stop. And yes Silas was over the top which is par for the course of a believing JW.

'Banning' the film? Good luck with that Silas. 'Luck' used intentionally. Since he claimed not to have seen it........ his opinion was worthless.

I also noted that Stephen C had a very comprehensive review about the film.......... the inner workings of the history of the WTBTS.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JWs look forward to the day when jehovah bans everything and kills everyone except them lol.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Nice reviews. Boyd B is 2nd up and hits the ball out of the park.

If you want to know what goes on behind the smiling mind numb faces of the cart mannequins this will give you a pull back of the curtain.”

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Really interesting reviews, thanks for sharing. Shocking that 'John V' who was a JW for sixty years says he and his wife shunned two daughters at age sixteen for ten years. Sad story but it shows anyone can eventually see TTATT and leave. Hope they're reunited with their daughters now.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Where can you see the film? Any streaming like netflix, youtube, etc?

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

@ Bad_Wolf

You can get it on YouTube for $4 last time I checked.

Here is a link

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Great some idiot spoiled the movie ( didn't sign post it) within the first two sentences. Maybe don't read if you haven't seen the film and intend to

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit