Elders testing some promising men by talking like an apostate?

by Person 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" The fornication stakeout guys " are a JOKE ! but they strike lucky some times , from their point of view, or someone copying the technique does.

I knew a young guy whose marriage had ended in reality, his wife wanted a divorce so she could marry a very rich guy about 10 years younger than her.

She followed her husband to his new girlfriend's house, stayed all night, taking pics. of him entering and leaving, Bingo ! she had her proof !

He was duly DF'd, but he told me he didn't give a shit anyway, but he also told me that "fornication" did not take place that night, or before, he slept in a spare room, he only stayed because he had drunk too much to drive.

But according to the J.W "Rule Book" just staying the night is enough " Where da fluck is THAT in Scripture ??

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I was just looking at the lyrics of Walk Like An Egyptian, to try and create a "Talk Like An Apostate" parody, but it was a bit too complex to pull off 😞.

It reminds me of all those fake questions posed by loyal JWs on Quora, the ones that are supposedly by apostates asking gotcha questions, but are just a straw man to be knocked down by the loyal ones.

It makes you wonder how loyal those loyal ones are, really. By WT rules, they shouldn't be engaging at all with people whom they consider to be apostates.

Interestingly, any elders who are going to try these "sting operation" tactics have to be able to get the right sorts of doubts to sound like they might be sincerely questioning; are they reading "apostate" literature and sites to find the right kinds of questions?

• careful
    careful
    They’ve got other things to think about, such as all the talks and tasks they have to perform, the CO visit and so on.

... and what restaurant they will go to after FS or the Sunday meeting.

• Ding
    Ding

Ask them why they haven't gone to their "loving shepherds" for help and see what they say...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit