Elders testing some promising men by talking like an apostate?

by Person 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Person
    Person

Couple years ago as a promising MS i had some weird conversations with two young elders. It was always as we where alone only I and the elder. They would initiate a conversations about things like blood doctrine, celebrating birthdays, view on homosexuality etc. They would express their doubts. And then they wanted to know what is my opinion. This among other things attributed to my awakening.

There are people on reddit with similar experiences. One guy even posted that this is common practice even openly discussed on Elder Body meetings. I wonder what you guys think about this? I mean for me it either show that they are completly insane or that they want deliberately destroy this organization from within for some reason.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough
    If I get your drift, do you think they are just acting so as to entrap you? The thought I had is, if you think that, turn the tables and say I am going to have to report you to the other elders for apostasy. lol I do know elders don't hesitate to set you up for a fall-loving shepards that they are.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Seems doubtful.

I think we on the forum and online generally don’t appreciate just how seldom “apostasy” crosses the minds of ordinary JWs. For most it’s just not an issue, until it is, then often they leave. You don’t get many JWs long term worrying about apostasy either in themselves or others. They’ve got other things to think about, such as all the talks and tasks they have to perform, the CO visit and so on.

• Person
    Person

Yes I told that to other Elders to see their reaction without saying who it was, and they wasn't interested at all. They cut the conversation immediately.

The point is, I am sure that those two young Elders they where not honest with me. Tey are not PIMO or even. PIMQ. Actually they said that they want me to become an elder So what was their strategy? I don't know.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If this happens to you, and you do not wish to be appointed, then, even so, answer carefully to make sure you do not show your real feelings on such matters.

But it would be fun to say something like " I think we should wait on the Faithful Slave to give us guidance on these things don't you ? I am surprised, you seem to be "running ahead". LOL.

• Person
    Person

So like I said either they are incredibly stupid and think that this is great method to proof someone's loyalty to GB (running a risk to stumble serviceable MS) or they just want to destroy this whole circus

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Person - “…either they are incredibly stupid and think that this is great method to proof someone's loyalty to GB (running a risk to stumble serviceable MS) or they just want to destroy this whole circus..”

Either way…

😏

• hoser
    hoser

One of my relatives who is an elder tries this stunt from time to time.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

It is not unusual behavior for backstabers in any organization or cult.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The fornication stakeout guys imagine themselves as hardboiled detectives, and the judicial committee guys imagine themselves as hotshot prosecutors.

😏

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit