Watchtower volunteer injuries

by neat blue dog 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Splash
    Splash

I knew an elder pioneer who was given the job of Safety Officer at an assembly hall build.

No training, no experience, and told not to cause any problems. He basically just stood around turning a blind eye to everything.

The KHAA fund was for self insuring. Payout values were paltry as you'd expect from the JW org. In the region of a couple of thousand if you lost an eye, for example.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I don’t personally remember any incidents, but I remember hearing about a brother losing a hand, or arm, in printing presses at Bethel. They sent him home with nothing, said they couldn’t use him one armed. How terrible!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Wow, these stories about injured bethelites and other tragedies are shocking. What a nightmare..These things were well-hidden and nobody ever heard about them.

All this secrecy and covering up is so as ‘not to bring reproach on Jehovah’s organization’!

• blondie
    blondie

I remember an elder was at a KH build, he was a master carpenter in a union, the scaffolding was faulty and he fell off and shattered his ankles and feet. He was not able to talk after that and found out because he was not working on a union project, insurance did not cover him. He was told by workers compensation that he would have to sue the WTS and/or the congregation. The WTS said because he was a volunteer, they were not liable. Even the jws in his congregation did not make any attempt to help him or his family financially. Eventually he died as a result of his injuries. Wow! Where was the love.

• blondie
    blondie

Here is a case of a sister, Brenda Upton, suing the WTS for injuries.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/175375/bethelites-entitled-compensation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit