Watchtower volunteer injuries

by neat blue dog 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I understood that they are self insured as well, at least in the U S

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, they are self-insured. Remember, it can be a fight even with regular insurance companies if they pay or not. The WTS is the same way. I know jws that had to get a lawyer to get the WTS to pay and it lasted for years.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Whoever thumbed me down, see the last three words of the first sentence. Also, watch The Godfather.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I always wondered what had sparked an article in the WT about being safe on the job, wearing the right equipment. It was for the Jw's and not the worldlies. Guess one two many accidents.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Our congregations had hired a hall for a CA from a school in S.E.Qld when an Elder walked through a glass plate door and received minor injuries and he/JW sued the school for damages .

As an insurance claim or whatever I don`t know the details ,I just thought it odd back then that they would sue the school for his accident .?

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    if I get shot in the head by a police officer, or if I should hang myself in my jail cell, or if I'm struck by a bolt of lightning. I'm going to blame someone on the governing body. And that I do not forgive.

I got it the moment I read it.

You're hilarious bro. LOL!

• JinVA
    JinVA

During a quick build in Vegas back in the 80's, a teenager was riding in the back of a pick-up transporting supplies. The truck hit a bump at a decent rate of speed and he was tossed and died due to his injuries. I know the brother driving the pick-up was so shaken up and understandably so, I am not sure what came of it or if there was any compensation or lawsuit. I was already inactive at this point.

• Giordano
    Giordano

When I first discovered the ex jW Forums 8 or 9 years back I got caught up in the stories about life in Bethel. My limited choice after HS would have been to pioneer then go to Bethel (family duty)........... if I couldn't weasel out of it.

So I dug into the Bethel stories on this and other forums to see what I missed.

Holy crap! Not only was Bethel a bad place to be in.......... it was toxic for a lot of their factory brothers.

The guys in the press room and the gluing section and other parts of the factory were apparently exposed to a lot of bad air.

Back in the late 1950's to mid 1960's they still did not have air conditioning if I remember correctly......... nor proper ventilation.

So as these stories progressed the disturbing thing was how many would end their account about this brother or that brother coming down with one form of cancer or another.... be it brain cancer, lung cancer etc. I read and reread those stories and felt like Bethel and it's factory could have become a death sentence for far too many. All so the Society could save a few bucks.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Never saw the dramatic accidents that others describe but plenty of lesser ones on quick builds and pre convention work.

I can say that the attitude described in o/p is typical. Nobody would think of claiming or sueing . It would be " taking money away from Jehovah""

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

@Tenacious: Thanks man. Those people that thumb down for no good reason are very uptight.

@Giordano: Back when I was PIMI I read about asbestos at Bethel. That explains some of the cancer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit