I Just had a CLOSE ENCOUNTER of the Dub kind

by TerryWalstrom 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I'm at my post today j-u-s-t in case M'Lady returns because of troubling visions of wrongdom in her false Kingdom.

Do I expect a return visit? No.

But, there's this tingling on the back of my neck. Call it intuition. Call it heat stroke. . .

but there's something there. . . I hope.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    but there's something there. . . I hope.

The something there on your Lady friend is probably PTSD upsurging ;-)

No, but really... What I find interesting is that you were very upfront with her--you didn't try to mislead her into some sort of 'poztate trap. You told her exactly what your experience had been and your estimation of the WT religion being a "cult".

She could have defended her belief instead of running off. Maybe she felt inadequate about speaking back, not being able to express thoughts in a second language? I dunno, maybe?

Or then again, even though she seems like she was a JW n00b, and quite inexperienced at informal witnessing, her cult mind seems to have taken over and called for a quick retreat to safety away from exposure to anti-cult witnessing.

One thing's for sure,though, Terry, your writing is very vivid and descriptive. You're really developing quite a gift for writing, kudos!

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I can hear the tones....Dee dee dee dee dee!

TB-

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Oppostate: What I find interesting is that you were very upfront with her--you didn't try to mislead her into some sort of 'poztate trap. You told her exactly what your experience had been and your estimation of the WT religion being a "cult".

_________

I was just thinking about that Asian lady and wondering what ripples I made in her pond and if the experience was more that of triggered panic/fear or of curiosity and investigation. There is no way to know.

We plant seeds. However, we aren't around to see what develops. It could be years before doubt, anxiety, and dissonance reach critical mass.

Maddening. It is simply maddening.

• fukitol
    fukitol

Terry, do you think and read about anything else but Jehovahs Witnesses?

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    fukitol6 hours ago

Terry, do you think and read about anything else but Jehovahs Witnesses?

It probably seems that way.

The answer is this, I write every day and about an hour of that is devoted to JW material. The other 7 hours are completely unrelated. This place here filters out most but not all the other stuff.

I recently posted some Hollywood memories and also an occasional short fiction story.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I've honestly never understood the point of talking about theology with a JW. The Bible is demonstrably false in so many ways. Wouldn't it be more productive to show the failed prophecies, historical inaccuracies, and contradictions of the Bible?

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

If a man is dying of thirst in a desert and he sees the mirage of water just up ahead, it does no good trying to convince him it is a mirage because THAT'S ALL THE HOPE HE'S GOT!

After all, he sees it!

Nothing we can say works, only REAL WATER will suffice.

So, here's the thing.

A Jehovah's Witness has been brainwashed into believing he is in that desert when he really is not.
    This is a big, bright beautiful world with a million opportunities IF ONLY he were allowed to see it.
    But the Watchtower has filtered everything through a dark, dark mirage of Satan, Armageddon, and Apostates, instilling fear and creating the optical illusion of a wasteland everywhere EXCEPT for the safety inside the Borg.

The effective activist is the person who is living a better life since leaving the Organization.
    "Look at me" the successful activist can say, "I did it and you can too."

Instead, so many ex-JW's become the horrible thing the trapped Dub inside expects to see, an angry, resentful, rude, self-degrading time bomb of recriminations on a downward spiral.

And that, my friends, is why they continue to crawl toward their mirage. It is the only hope they can see.

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

Lovely writing. Especially like "Watchtower unicorn poison"...

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Ha! Well done.You were polite, and allowed her to have her say, then you explained your position.

I imagine that this woman will no longer frequent Starbucks looking for converts! She may possibly even become nervous drinking coffee alone at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit