You Don't Need to Know

by onacruse 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onacruse
    onacruse

Without doubt these angels are delegated by the Lord to convey his instructions to the members of his organization on earth. Just how this is done is not necessary for us to understand.

W12/1/33 364

I probably should have posted this under the "Jokes" forum.

Craig

• Scully
    Scully

Without doubt these angels are delegated by the Lord to convey his instructions to the members of his organization on earth.

The medical profession would call this phenomenon schizophrenia.

Love, Scully

• Gopher
    Gopher
    "Without doubt"

ahhh.. the operative phrase. This is when the WT Society wants to use a form of propaganda on you, the tyranny of authority.

Throw your reasoning out the window! "Make sure of all things" -- unless WE, THE WTS tell you.

BTW -- do those angelic "instructions" include how to get involved in United Nations and pedophile scandals?

• onacruse
    onacruse

It gets even "better." Some excerpts from later on in that same article:

It is imperative that the remnant follow organization instructions, because the Lord is directing his own affairs.
    Opposition to the organization means opposition to Jehovah.
    To obey organization instructions is not discretionary, but entirely mandatory.

...every one is required to perform his assigned duty. Jehovah’s capital organization is one grand machine, and every part thereof must synchronize and work harmoniously with every other part.

Incredible. Simply incredible.

Craig

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The more things change the more they stay the same.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    these angels

Would that be Belzebub or Lucifer?

~Beck~

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I don't ever remember them sounding like this when I was in it. This sounds like 1984. VERY totalitarian. Very similar to Hitler, eh?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

The medical profession would call this phenomenon schizophrenia.

ROFLMAO -------you crack me ups Scully

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Those quotes are absolutely incredible Craig.

We have to remind ourselves that to date the Watchtower Society has not rescinded this doctrine, so active JW's are required to accept all information printed and provided by the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society as direct, divine instruction from God.

What strikes me as different over the years is here in these old quotes you provide they did not even attempt to provide an explanation. Later on they would twist and contort Scripture and scenarios to suit their needs, like 607 B.C.E. and the Gentile Times 2520 years prophecy BS.

Just how this is done is not necessary for us to understand.

We are inspired by God. God tells us what to do. It does not matter HOW this takes place, just take our word for it and do as your told.

To do credit to Orwellian's 1984, one must subject themselves to the absolute authority of the Party (Watchtower) above all else, even if it stands to reason they could be wrong.

A very good thread.

• Buster
    Buster

I sit here trying to remind myself of how I would have felt if I were still in. How would I react to those WT quotes if I were a good little dubbie? I don't know at whom to be more shocked: the pompous delusionals that foist that crap, or myself for accepting it.

- Cliff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit