The X-Mas thing...

by punkofnice 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Christmas means nothing to me. I have no abiding, cosy, childhood memories of it.

I don't buy presents or cards....I have to be reminded.

I feel a bit weird. People are celebrating and saying: 'I'm feeling christmassy.'

As for me...determined I shall beeeeee......ooops sorry, old habits.............as for me, I feel nothing,

christmas means nothing to me. It's a day off work. Annoying songs being played...the same old songs each year that drove me insane when I was a JW drone. Crap TV with people dressed up in red.

Sorry, I just can't fit in. Must be my watchtower and awake(tm) college education!!!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Don't worry Punk', you can be our Xmas Grinch. Merry Christmas mate!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I was 50 years of age when I left the filthy, disgusting, cult. I guess I'm not in the habit.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I feel similarly. I don't like the decorations, most I find garish. The crowds. Best Christmas day was one year we done gardening and had a big bonfire.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Ucant - I know a lot of it is rooted in childhood memories............I have none.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    The only memories I have are things like visiting my grandmothers house after Christmas with the other relatives there and feeling nervous in case I should give some impression I might have liked to receive a Christmas gift and then I would be in big trouble. Or going in field service on Christmas day. Fun.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I always refused to go on the failed misery on xmas day. Some JWs were really gung ho about it saying: "We'll find the people at home!" Yes, I get that, but there's a line between being 'zealous for pure worship(TM)' and being a pain in the toukis.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Sorry you're feeling like this Punk. I felt the same at Halloween. I feel you. You are usually so motivating and upbeat.

Take care Punky

Thinking of you

Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks Kate.

I think the joy of chrismas for many is rooted in childhood memory. I have none.

My only memory is; 'Do more for Jehovah(tm).'

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i'm off to spend christmas with my d/f son and family--including my 7 month old grandson.

ive gone totally overboard with prezzies for them--i can just about lift this sack---

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit