Anyone know what the special talk is this weekend?

by charity7 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• charity7
    charity7

Hi all. Non JW so thank you for bearing with me. Do special talks happen with individual congregations or is it throughout? I was told by my husband that I HAD to go with him and the rest of his family to the special talk that was happening this weekend. That if I was a good Christian that I would respect the arrangement by being in subjection to him. Long story short I refuse to because 1) his unchristian attitude towards me in regards to my beliefs and 2) I cannot with a good conscience support (by being in attendance) the deceit and lies being taught. Thank you guys for listening and thank you ahead for any comments.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is nothing special, about any of the special meetings/talks, ect ect..

None of it will be anything, JW`s haven`t heard a thousand times before..

It will be a few wasted hours of your life, you`ll never get back..

Image result for waste of time

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Sorry...nope...too busy enjoying life. We have been to so many years of "special" talks. They are not so "special". Just another talk. Boring!

"That if I was a good Christian that I would respect the arrangement by being in subjection to him." He actually said this to you? If he did, there is something seriously wrong here. The way this cult treats women is disgusting. I am female and felt inferior while still in JW land. Out for 4 years and have never felt that way anywhere else in life. Just a warning...STAY AWAY FROM THIS CULT! IT IS ABUSIVE, DESTRUCTIVE AND CRUEL! Sorry you have to put up with this crap.

• charity7
    charity7

It seemed that it was very important that I hear this talk. Something he wanted me to hear so I was curious if anyone knew what this was about. He said to me that he was not asking me to go that he was telling me to go. Never have I once showed interest in anything they did. He's treating me like I am a JW or was a JW. Honestly I think he wants me to be there for show. That he's "witnessing" to me. Deep down I know that if his family were not jw's he would not be one.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It seemed that it was very important that I hear this talk.

He already knows, it will be nothing he hasn`t heard before..

Most likely he`s parroted the same WBT$/JW Crap to you, over and over and over..

I think he wants me to be there for show. That he's "witnessing" to me.

Now you`re catching on..

In JW Lah-Lah Land, it`s all about appearances..

• jp1692
    jp1692
    He said to me that he was not asking me to go that he was telling me to go.

What century does your husband think this is?

• Hecce
    Hecce

HOW TO CULTIVATE PEACE IN AN ANGRY WORLD

THE WORLD IS INCREASINGLY UNSTABLE AND ANGRY (3 min.)

The Bible foretold that “the last days” would be marked by selfishness and hatred (2Ti 3:1-3)

Some victims of injustice retaliate with violence, fueling further anger (w07 4/15 4; g 6/11 5-6)

How can we keep from becoming consumed by anger?

ALMIGHTY GOD WILL PERMANENTLY END INJUSTICE (6 min.)

Jehovah God hates injustice and promises to eliminate it [Read Psalm 37:10, 11]

Human political solutions and protest movements are not God’s means of bringing justice (Da 7:13, 14)

God will use his Son, Jesus Christ, to remove all who oppress their fellow man (Ps 72:13, 14)

The Bible refers to the time when God will remove the wicked as “the day of Jehovah’s anger” (Zep 2:2)

Unlike human anger, God’s anger is always justified and never excessive (it-1 108)

When God acts, the result will be an “abundance of peace” earth wide

To benefit, we must cooperate with Jehovah’s way of correcting injustice (Zep 2:3)

BE A PEACEMAKER WHO CONQUERS EVIL WITH GOOD (13 min.)

[Read and discuss key portions of Romans 12:18-21]

Verse 18: “If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men”

Show your support for God’s solution to injustice by choosing to be peaceable

Avoid association with people who lash out in anger or who advocate vengeance (Pr 22:24, 25)

Verse 19: “Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: ‘“Vengeance

is mine; I will repay,” says Jehovah’ ”

Retaliation is self-destructive and feeds a cycle of hatred (w09 9/1 21-23)

Instead of retaliating, strengthen your faith that Jehovah God will act

Imitate Jesus, who had confidence that God would avenge unjust treatment (1Pe 2:23)

Verse 20: “But ‘if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink’ ”

Break the cycle of anger and revenge by looking for ways to do good even to “your enemy”

A primary way to do good to others is to share with them the Bible’s hope of relief from injustice (yb09

212-213)

Verse 21: “Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil”

If you feel powerless before oppressors, do not direct your frustration toward family or friends

Seek support from a mature friend whose thinking agrees with God’s (g05 2/22 19-20)

Pour out your feelings to Jehovah in prayer (Ps 37:5, 6; 55:22)

Verse 21: “But keep conquering the evil with the good”

Be willing to forgive others whenever there is a basis for doing so (Eph 4:31, 32; g95 6/8 10 °6-7)

Let go of resentment and leave matters in Jehovah’s hands (w13 6/15 20-21 °15-16; w00 8/15 5, box)

God’s holy spirit can empower a person to overcome deeply rooted anger (2Co 10:4, 5; Php 4:13)

Ask God for help to replace angry thoughts with compassionate, peaceful ones (w10 6/15 24 °18-19)

CULTIVATING PEACE LEADS TO BLESSINGS (8 min.)

Many have applied Bible principles on peaceableness and enjoyed blessings as a result

They have broken free from a violent course (g 6/12 19-21; g 6/11 6-7; g03 1/8 18-20)

They have enjoyed better health and greater happiness (Pr 14:30; Mt 5:5, 9; g 5/06 28-29)

Some have helped former opposers to change (Ro 12:20, ftn; yb10 63-64)

Victims of injustice cannot change the past, but they can look forward to a bright future [Read Psalm 37:8, 9]

We invite you to continue associating with Jehovah’s Witnesses and learning to ‘hope in Jehovah’

[Adhere closely to the outlined material, and observe the indicated timing of each section. Not all cited texts

need to be read or commented on. See Ministry School book, pages 52-55, 166-169]

HOW TO CULTIVATE PEACE IN AN ANGRY WORLD

Note to the speaker:

Make a tender appeal to victims of injustice to let go of anger and leave their frustrations in Jehovah’s hands.

Use verified experiences to illustrate the superiority of Christian peaceableness over protest and retaliation

No. 65-E 7/16 TO BE COVERED IN 30 MINUTES

˘ 2016 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

How to Cultivate Peace in an Angry World PB_065-E.pdf

and

February 13, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS Re: Memorial and Special Talk

2017 SPECIAL TALK ANNOUNCEMENT
    We are very happy that all of you could attend this special talk that is being delivered worldwide in over 119,000 congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses! If you would like someone to visit you to demonstrate a free, personal Bible study, please speak to one of the attendants. In addition, we invite you to visit our website, jw . org. Bible-based content is available there in over 800 languages. It discusses topics that appeal to married couples, parents, teenagers, young children, and all who want to learn about the Bible.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

You would think the special talk this time of the year would be about Jesus. but that would confuse us with Christian religions

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

How to cultivate peace in an angry world?

Hide in your bunker? What ever happened to "raising yourself erect, your deliverance is getting near?" If that was the case, you would think they would be waiting on their front porch BOLDLY preaching.

WT continues to use fear in order to keep the ranks in line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit