Who has ever succeeded in getting an elder fired ( demoted )?

by Chook 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chook
    Chook

It's nearly a job for life if you don't literally fu.. up.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(Bookmarking) I will be back later with some buttery popcorn!

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I did,

He was publicly drunk on a number of occasion, chronic lier to boot, he was off for a couple of years and then back on, I was thinking after that, how could I ever take seriously anything this guy says again, not because of the drinking, but because of the lying, it's not like he was sorry, :0)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yup.

He was a lying, dishonest shonky businessman, with a tendency to be a domineering husband....

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Yes...I reported his sons for drinking and debauchery to him and he said he would sort it out...nothing happened...I spoke to other elders...they were not aware of it...he covered it up...removed.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I didn't personally, but I believe I was present at his downfall and may have impacted the consequences.

That article in the very early 80s about 1975 was discussed at our sat. night youth WT study. The elder chaperoning was very forthright about his expectations and experience. I discussed it along with other concerns with the gal I studied with. The youth study was cancelled before 2 weeks passed. I was DA'd soon after and the nicest elder in the congregation stepped down and moved to another hall. They moved to the middle of nowhere. I don't know, but suspect that others discussed it also. All over the WT world. But in my little world he was part of the catalyst that got me out.

• hoser
    hoser

My SIL got an elder removed. He didn't follow procedure on a Jc. She phoned someone she knew at the branch and next week he was removed.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@stuckinarut2 WHO??? You can use initials and I'll try work it out. I feel like the adjectives you listed (shonky, lying, dishonest, domineering husband, etc) is part of the elder criteria, though...?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My father in law who is honest, thoughtful and a kind giving husband was kicked off as an elder due to his unbaptized teenage son ( mu husband) being unruly, info drugs as a teen. He walked away from that meeting with the elders around 1977 never to return. They did him a favor getting him to leave the cult entirely, ( not even memorial attendance for him) but it hurt him.The Org he gave his life and family to, pointed finger and turned their collective back.

The congregation would tell his wife they miss him so much. I bet they did, he was probably the best elder they ever had.

My husband now carried around guilt for being the reason he father was kicked off the elder body and never went back. I tried to get him to understand that is the way cults operate, and it was NOT his fault. That's when fingers go in the ears, usually. UGH

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I did...the whole body for not following the WT instructions on congressional matters such as accounting and for not accurately teaching the WT "truth". Elders persecuted those who were vulnerable and weak, families with young children by having unrealistic expectations in regards to meeting attendance and service hours. At the time I was often used at assemblies as an examplary MS so I had connections with the CO and DO and when they came to visit 3 MS exposed some of the issues. The elders and all MS were removed except for me and another MS. We had to handle all the meeting parts until elders from a neighboring congregation were assigned to replace those who were removed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit