A few question that are leading to some confusion

by anidchick 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• terraly
    terraly

But this is a good place to hear some of the things that your study conductors will probably not mention of their own accord.

For instance, Mother's day is not celebrated because it might lead to "worship" of a woman. Similarly, Martin Luther King day is not celebrated, because he was a political activist.

The Witnesses shun anything with "pagan" roots. At least, they like to pretend they do- but wedding rings (fertility symbols) are still used.
    I do urge you to find out all you can about shunning and disfellowshiping prior to joining the organization. Talk to your study conductors about it, sure- but talk to people here too- a lot of us have real experience with it. It is presented as a "biblical" and "loving" practice, but I do beg you to stop and think about the story of Jesus as we have it in the Bible- and ask yourself if you could ever see this man wanting his followers to hurt each other as much as Witnesses will hurt other Witnesses who are kicked out (or even wish simply to leave of their own accord.)

t.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Dawn, I'd like to ask you one question: Why do you want to become a Jehovah's Witness? Or do you? When you say you are in the process of becoming one, do you mean you are studying and are considering it based on what their beliefs are?

• bjd4jc
    bjd4jc

Dawn-

The Bible proves that Jesus is God. This is the key teaching of the Bible, which is clearly taught in the Authorized Version of the Bible. Because Jehovah's Witnesses have no accepted this doctrine, they have prepared their own translation, which greatly obscures this basic Biblical truth. But, even in their New World Translation, this doctrine can be clearly seen by simply examining the Bible's teaching on who God and Jesus are. If every quality and attribute possessed by God is also possessed by Jesus, then Jesus Himself must be God.

I'll begin with a scriptural comparison of the the Bible says Jesus is and who the Bible says that God (or Jehovah) is.

Who Will Judge us?
    "For Jehovah is our judge," Isa. 33:22
    "For God himself is Judge." Psalms 50:6
    "I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is destined to judge the living and the dead." 2 Timoty 4:1

Who is the sheperd?
    "Jehovah is my Shepherd." Psalms 23:1
    "I (Jesus) am the fine shepherd." John 10:11

Who is the light of the world?
    "Jehovah is my light..." Psalms 27:1
    "... although I dwell in the darkness, Jehovah will be a light to me." Micha 7:8
    "Therefore Jesus spoke again to them, saying: 'I am the light of the world.'" John 8:12

Whose judgement seat will be appear before?
    "For we shall all stand before the judgement seat of God." Rom. 14:10
    "For we must all be made manifest before the judgement seat of the Christ." 2 Cor. 5:10.

Whose name do we use in baptism?
    "And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying... Go therefore and make disciples of peopole of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit." Matt. 28:18
    "Peter (said) to them: 'Repent and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ..." Acts 2:38.
    "On hearing this, the got baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus." Acts 19:5.

Who sent the Holdy Spirit?
    "And I will request the Father and he will give y ou another helper to be with you forever, the spirit of truth." John 14:16-17.
    "When the helper arrives that I will send you from the Father, the spirit of the truth." John 15:26.

Who is the King of the Jews?
    "This is what Jehovah has said, the King of Israel..." Isa. 44:6
    "Jehovah is our King;" Isa. 33:22
    "Also, they posted above his head the charge against him, in writing: "This is Jesus the King of the Jews." Matt. 27:37

Who raised Jesus from the dead?
    "whereas you killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead," Acts 3:15
    "through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him up from the dead," Galatians 1:1
    "In answer Jesus said to them: 'Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.' (21) but he was talking about the temple of his body." John 2:19, 21

Jehovah and Jesus the Creator
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Gen. 1:1
    "Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but he that constructed all things is God." Heb. 3:4
    "But with reference to the Son... And: 'You, O Lord, founded the earth at the beginning, and the heavens are works of your hands." Heb 1:8&10.

Jehovah and Jesus are "Lord of Lords"
    "For Jehovah YOUR God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, mighty and fear-inspiring God." Deut. 10:17
    ".. and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are," 1 Cor. 8:6

Jehovah and Jesus are the first and the Last
    "This is what Jehovah has said, the King of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies: 'I am the first and I am the last, and besides me there is no God.'" Isa. 44:6
    "'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says Jehovah God, 'the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.'" Rev. 1:8
    "And when I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand upon me and said: 'Do not be fearful. I am the First and the Last, and the living one; and <b>I became dead</b>, but look! I am living for ever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.'" Rev. 1:17-18 and Rev 22:12-13, 20

Jehovah and Jesus are "One God"
    "I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. With the exception of me there is no God." Isa 45:5
    "For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us, and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Father for eternity, Prince of Peace..." Isa. 9:6
    "... and they will certainly support themselves upon Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, in trueness. A mere remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God" Isa. 10:20-21
    See now that I-I am he. And there are no gods together with me. Deut 32:39
    "'You are my witnesses,' is the utterance of Jehovah ... Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none." Isa 43:10
    "For even though There are those who are called 'gods', whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many 'gods' and many 'lords', there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him, and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him." 1 Cor. 8:5-6

Jehovah and Jesus are the Savior
    "I-I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior." Isa 43:11
    "... is is not I, Jehovah, besides whom there is no other God; a righteous God and a Savior, there being none excepting me?" Isa. 45:21
    "let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene... there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved." Acts 4:10,12
    "... under command of our Saviour, God;" Tit. 1:3
    "... God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior." Tit. 1:4
    "... so that they may adorn the teaching of our Savior, God, in all things" Tit. 2:10
    "... our Savior Christ Jesus" Tit. 2:13

This is by no means the end of the list. The list of who Christ is goes on and on. Every attribute of God is also ascribed to Christ. Therefore, Jesus Christ Himself must be more than a mere man. Men do not possess all the qualities of God. Only God Himself can possess all the qualities of God. Therefore, Jesus Christ Himself must be the One True God. Though the JWs deny this, their own Bible clearly teaches it, as does the King James Bible and every other translation.

I hope this has provided some insight on the trinity. I have not covered the Holy Spirit in this post but there is evidence that the Holy Spirit is part of the "Triune God". And, by "Triune God" and I don't mean that God is some 3-headed being or monster.

One final word...
    "Whosoever ... abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God." 2 John 9

Brian

• kes152
    kes152

anidchick,

I apologize, here are the answer to your questions:

What is the exact view of Jesus?

The "exact" view of Jesus according to the WTBTS (JW corporation) is that Jesus is an angel, God's personal "chief angel" that was directly created by God personally. They "seldomly" want to admit that he is a "god" except only on the occaison that the "trinity" comes up. They believe in the flesh, he was a perfect man in perfect good looking flesh and all his powers beyond that where strictly from God.

How is the view of the whole trinity with god, holy ghost, son seen?

It is seen that there is not "trinity" at all. God is Father, son is an angel, holy spirit is a "force" that does things, not a person. According to the WTBTS.

What about the holidays? I know Christmas isnt Celebrated but y actually? And what about Easter.

They don't celebrate any of those holidays because if you look in ALL encyclopedias, all those holidays have non-christian roots. Because the rootage is "bad" they say the entire holiday is bad.

Just so you know, all of this is "per the JWs." Their understanding of the answer to your question about Jesus, has led them into replacing him and "coming in the place of him." They will openly admit they don't and Jesus IS important, but "slyly" he isn't. They replaced him in a "slick" manner to where you would never see it unless you had "eyes to see" and "ears to hear."

• kes152
    kes152

bjd4jc

you said,

The Bible proves that Jesus is God. This is the key teaching of the Bible, which is clearly taught in the Authorized Version of the Bible.

Actually, it is NOT a "key" teaching of the Bible. And because of this,

"you took away the key of knowledge; you did not go in and those going you hindered."

Luke 11:52

This is the 'key' teaching of the Bible:

"But these have been written down (Why?) that you may BELIEVE that Jesus is the Anointed Son of God, AND by believing you may have LIFE in his name."

"Whoever drinks from the water I will give him, will never get thirsty at all, but the water I will give him will become in him a fountain of water bubbling up to impart EVERLASTING LIFE."

Drinking this 'water' from the Source IS the key teaching of the Bible. By drinking this literal water (not KNOWLEDGE) you can have everlasting life inside of you, dwelling. Thus, if you die in the flesh, you will keep living for ever in spirit.

Peace,
    Aaron

• Francois
    Francois

There are lots of practices that JWs shouldn't engage in, but they do, even though they have pagan origins:

Wedding rings have already been mentioned.

Wedding parties (bridesmades, grooms, etc.) are present in such profusion to hide the identity of the bride from the evil spirits.

Same with the bride's veil.

Tombstones originated from piling rocks on the dead to keep the person's spirit from haunting the person's village.

Days of the week, months of the year are named for various Greek and Roman gods or rulers.

And the list of such things goes on and on. But the JWs quietyly ignore all this. There's a limit to how pure you wanna be, y'know.

FT

• Jason
    Jason

anidchick,

If you want the truth, email me. [email protected].
    Don't listen to just anyone. Listen to the truth. Personal opinion means nothing if it is not God's opinion.

PS- I am a Christian, not a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit