A few question that are leading to some confusion

by anidchick 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• anidchick
    anidchick

I am in the process of becoming a Jehovah Witnesses, but there were a few areas I was still unsure about and I was hopin I could get some answers:

1.) What is the exact view of Jesus?
    2.) How is the view of the whole trinity with god, holy ghost, son seen?
    3.) What about the holidays? I know Christmas isnt Celebrated but y actually? And what about Easter.

I know these are prolly some simple question, but what I know if the religion I like and I just want to get as much information as I can.

Thanks,
    Dawn

• IogicaI
    IogicaI

If you mean from the JW point of view,

1) Jesus is a man who lived 2000 years ago and is largely unimportant. The things that benefit the JW's are observed (like using his name in prayer) but the teachings are mostly ignored.

2) Trinity is a lie originating in Babylon (this is one of the few things the Watchtower have right)

3) Xmas and Easter are pagan festivals, moulded to fit the "Christian" stuff. Another thing the JW's have right.

You have come to the right place to learn about JW's, there is more to them than meets the eye.

Jesus said the ONLY way to the Father is through HIM, NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT through ANY earthly organisation, religion, etc.

Did you attend the memorial? That is a sick way of rejecting Jesus and glorifying the so-called "annointed remnant" of the 144,000. Those 144,000 effectively REPLACE Jesus.

Stick around and read the posts (mostly on Bible Research forum)

logical

• ianao
    ianao
    I am in the process of becoming a Jehovah Witnesses, but there were a few areas I was still unsure about and I was hopin I could get some answers:

Oh shit! RUN!!!!! HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!!

1.) What is the exact view of Jesus?

Jesus is a demi-god who was only god enough to fool early christians to their deaths despite their devotion.

2.) How is the view of the whole trinity with god, holy ghost, son seen?

As idolatry and false christianity straight from the bowels of satan himself.

3.) What about the holidays? I know Christmas isnt Celebrated but y actually? And what about Easter.

See the answer to number two.

In truth, all of these are to separate you from standard worship so they can guilt-trip you into peddaling their literature.

BUT HEY!!

Don't take my word for it! It may be the right controlling neurosis for you! Try it yourself, but please don't cry too hard after you seriously fuck yourself up.

-ianao the Blah.

• IogicaI
    IogicaI

Hmmm... ianao

You need help

Dawn, dont take offense to what ianao said

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Hello anidchick and welcome to the discussion board.

First, here's a good web site to start with: http://www.freeminds.org

To answer your questions (very briefly):

1) The WTBTS sees Jesus as a minor god, a created being. (Note that this makes them polytheistic, although they don't like to admit this.) They also teach that he is the same person as the archangel Michael. They deny his physical resurrection as well.

2) The WTBTS denies the Trinity as Jesus is a lesser being and the Holy Spirit doesn't exist as a person.

3) They have no holidays. They do observe an annual day of memorial for the Last Supper, but only about one in a thousand persons partakes of the communion. There are no regular "fun" celebrations allowed except for anniversaries for married couples.

• ianao
    ianao

anidchick:

IogicaI is right. I do not mean to offend you. We are all appostate blasphemous liars (according to Jesus, erm, I mean the Watchtower) who deserve to have our faces melt when the mighty God of Love has us all destroyed because we disagree with a bunch of fartheads in Brooklyn, NY.

• anidchick
    anidchick

hey thanks everyone for the understanding. I know some of this is very basic...I just have been having trouble finding information. I come from a really small town and they are very set on the Christian way of life and for me to stary away from their beliefs is hard, and its hard to get information on what I am interested in.

Thanks Again,
    Dawn

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Dawn,

Welcome to our board. It's a great thing you're doing by asking questions of all kinds of people about Jehovah's Witnesses and their beliefs. What freedom you have. Now.

If you get baptised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses - you will, most definitely, lose that freedom completely and forever.

Enjoy your freedom to talk and read about whatever interests you. It is precious.

waiting

• larc
    larc

Dawn,

You are going to become a Jehovah's Witness, and you don't know the answers to these questions??? Through the simple Bible study they provided you every week for months and the meetings you should be attending, I really don't know why you don't know the basic doctrine yet. By the way, it is not Jehovah Witness, it is Jehovah's Witness.

• larc
    larc

Dawn,

If you haven't learned already, ask them about the basics. They will be more than happy to tell you. Why go through a secondary source like us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit