BBC News "The ex-Jehovah's Witnesses shunned by their families"

by snare&racket 34 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

a quick look---and it looked good to me.

• cha ching
    cha ching

The fact that BBC is taking note, TAKING THE TIME and writing, interviewing about shunning about shunning & disfellowshipping is AWESOME!!!

I was in London for the Reveal News Conference in April/May... BBC was there, they thought they would put in their two cents, write a line or two and leave.

What they heard was so powerful, it moved them to do more!

They told us that... They went and got camera equipment, a crew, came back and did interviews. THEY did not realize the harm WT does. They cared! Change starts somewhere...

Kudos to them!

• Simon
    Simon

The "missed the memorial" story obviously has the extra dimension of his friend who died refusing a blood transfusion. I think we may be being waaaaay too picky.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity
    Wow- so happy they did the interviews. That's amazing. I thought it was just the article.
  • SAHS
    SAHS

Any little bit that gets out there to cause the public to be aware of the basic destructiveness, antisociality, invalidity, and dishonesty of the very man-made, self-serving “religion” of the Watch Tower organization is a triumph for truth (real truth) in exposing a group which has coerced and manipulated people into unnecessary bondage and servitude, and even deaths.

Just one minute of such media exposure can end up negating many hours of pounding the pavement knocking on doors in the circus-like show of loyalty of the Watch Tower’s well-meaning but deceived lowly dupes.

In this modern technological age, such archaic outfits will always have to contend with the powerful and all-pervasive light of public scrutiny. And, as they say, Thank God for that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit