JW compassion?

by William Penwell 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I cant understand anyone would do that. What was this person hoping to achieve by doing that?

"Serpents, offspring of vipers" indeed.

• steve2
    steve2

My non-JW partner who has had very limited exposure to JW literature, accompanied me to the film Apostasy. Afterwards I was curious about his thoughts on the film. “Very pharasaical” were his only words. I have heard these words from other nonJWs too. In other words, a complete absence of compassion.

Interesting that among the first things nonJWs notice when seeing what happens at a Kingdom Hall is how closely the instruction and processes (eg., judicial committees, requiring proven repentance, etc) mirror Old Testament rules and regulations - minus the brutal bloodshed, I guess.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    The JWs have no compassion. The only goal is to get to Armageddon.

There is something seriously wrong with an organization that finds delight in destruction of any human beings, although the JDubs are not the only religion that finds joy in the destruction of others.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    My non-JW partner who has had very limited exposure to JW literature, accompanied me to the film Apostasy. Afterwards I was curious about his thoughts on the film. “Very pharasaical” were his only words. I have heard these words from other nonJWs too. In other words, a complete absence of compassion.
    Interesting that among the first things nonJWs notice when seeing what happens at a Kingdom Hall is how closely the instruction and processes (eg., judicial committees, requiring proven repentance, etc) mirror Old Testament rules and regulations - minus the brutal bloodshed, I guess.

My experience to with people that have not being brought up in the organization. They cannot believe that a so called Christian religion can be so judgemental.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I absolutly dislike it when someone turns out to be a JW poster child, so they can look around and say "see we told you so". I'm just curious as to the age your nephew left the JWs and what was his reasons where.

I say this as I have a theory that people who leave at an older age do better in the outside world as regards to avoiding wordly vices as opposed to younger faders. The reasons for people leaving at an older age are quite often different to younger leavers. The down side of been an older fader who has had more life experiences is the wasted years, and also the social aspect. Just interested in your thoughts as regards your nephew.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The young guy or girl leaving the JW Org is not equipped to deal with the world he/she is shoved in to all alone, with no support.

Feeling lonely, depressed, abandoned, rejected etc etc they will often make bad choices.

If J.W's were to act in a Christian manner and support such ones in humane ways as normal parents and family would in such a situation, these poor young people would no doubt fair better. Jeez, it is plain to see.

It is not because they left the Org they have problems, it is the hateful, unchristian, unloving way the Org treats them that causes the bad outcomes more often than not.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

With all due respect to the nephew and although I can quite understand what you have said Phizzy.The theory I have is that older faders as opposed to younger faders are quite different to their reasons for leaving and their behaviours once left. Speaking from experience from someone who left in this 40s if given a choice I wish I could of left at a younger age. I also struggle to make support and social connections as well ( a common problem most older faders encounter). That been said I do wonder how life would of turned out if I had left in my late teens early 20s. I think for many young faders they don’t comprehend that freedom comes at a cost and a measure of responsibility, and sadly many find this out the hard way. I could site a few examples of ones who would of been better of in the JWs as regards distructive behaviours - and I say that with no good intention to WT. Speaking for myself I left because of a lack of confidence in the religion and the people who run it, rather than for life style choices of younger faders e.g meetings are a bore and I’m still hung over from the club and the worldly BF. I would also haste to say that the Ratio of age to df rate would get a lot higher for younger as opposed to older faders due to older faders leaving for internal rather than external factors.If it wasn’t for the net I would probably still be there. Although I have physically left the JWs my life style has remained the same. I’m still anti drugs, gambling. Alcohol, and sexual promiscuity etc.- and I hate to say it but thankfull to the JWs for. In some respects I think my physical health has improved as I now swim 4 times a week. When I left I was past all the nonsense of youth. I had it summed up to me quite nicely in a post - younger faders find it easier to build social connections where older faders have a bit more experience behind them to avoid distructive behaviours. I do believe the age, and reasons for leaving has an outcome on ones future - and there will always be exceptions to the rule as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit