Holly Jones

by azaria 10 Replies latest jw friends

• azaria
    azaria

I'm here for only a few minutes.

Toronto -10 year old Holly Jones was abducted Monday night on her way home from a friends house. Sadly her body was found yesterday. I cannot imagine what anguish this mother, this family is feeling right now. Many people are rallying around this family. I'm sincerely praying for them, and hope that those who believe, please pray for them. This pain is too much to bear.

• Scully
    Scully

I read this story yesterday. It made me feel ill... I have two daughters around the same age as Holly.

She was missing less than 24 hours before they found her remains.

I can't imagine what her family is going through.

I hope they catch the sick bastard who is lurking around the streets of Toronto before someone else's little girl goes missing. It's times like this that I believe in the death penalty.

Love, Scully

• Dansk
    Dansk
    It's times like this that I believe in the death penalty.

AMEN!

Dansk

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

A man walking his dog during the early morning hours found partial remains along the shoreline of Lake Ontario. It means that sometime between 6:30 PM when she was last seen and approx 8 AM, this little girl was abducted, dismembered and discarded into the lake.

This is the second time in the past couple of years a child has been murdered and dismembered in the western Toronto area. The first one was a 6 year old. The father and his second wife have been charged and are serving life sentences for this heinous crime.

The community is rallying behind the family. I cannot begin to imagine the anguish of the parents of Holly. I look forward to them capturing this sick bastard and can only hope he is placed into the general prison population.

Anyone who can kill and dismember the most vulnerable of society is an animal and is not deserving of human rights.

Uzzah

• Mary
    Mary
    It's times like this that I believe in the death penalty.

I've LONGED believed in the death penalty, but here in Canada, it's considered "inhumane" and it was abolished years ago. After all, it might violate some low-life, scumbag bastard's Rights to do it again. Oh no, it's just soooo much better to have the tax-payers foot the bill to feed, cloth and give shelter to the scumbag for the next 25 years................

If they catch the guy, and he's found guilty in court, they should take him out back, tie some dynamite to his dick, and blow him right to smitheriens..................

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

This is so, so sad.

Stories like this just make you cry.

How can someone do such a horrid thing.

I hope she was not murdered and dismembered by someone she knew. If a family member or friend is involved, it will make a tragic story, only worse.

A case like that happened here years ago. After 1000's of hour of fruitless searching by the community, it came to light that the boy's mother's boyfriend, found his body, and then buried it. He was involved with drugs and had debts. He was never charged with the murder, but pointed the finger at the drug dealers.

The city of Toronto is sure getting a lot of bad publicity lately. Hopefully the police can solve this quickly.

Hug your kids more than once this day, and tell them you love them.

• Mary
    Mary

"....I hope she was not murdered and dismembered by someone she knew. If a family member or friend is involved, it will make a tragic story, only worse...."

While we have to wait to hear everything, I would say that chances are that some creepy pedophile was cruising around just waiting for the opportunity to grab some unsuspecting kid and poor Holly was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

What's even more horrible, is that the mother of the little girl that Holly had walked home, apparently asked Holly if she wanted her to walk her back home, but Holly thought she'd be fine. That mother will probably have horrible pangs of guilt for the rest of her life..........if I had kids, they'd be learning judo, karate, and self-defense at a very young age.

It just makes me sick to my stomach..............

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I just read this story on-line.

On the radio the past couple of days, they have been busy broadcasting information about this little girl. I was hoping for a positive outcome, then I read the on-line news, and I was crushed .

Disgusting, tragic and well there are too many words.

Mary, if they capture the bastard, I think your terms of metting out justice (dynamite attached to his dick) - seems befitting. Here's the match Mary, go light it.

The thing with CP (capital punishment), at least up here to a degree, is the fear of hanging an innocent man/woman. Even within the last 10 years, there've been cases where the person who spent many years/decades behind bars, was released because of new evidence, DNA(best one) and so many other contributing factors.

In Winnipeg, there was a fellow convicted of a murder he did not commit (can't remember his name); Guy-Paul Morin, accused of killing Christine Jessop north of Toronto, proven innocent for many reasons, and then again by DNA evidence. David Milgaard, from Saskatoon, SK., and one of Canada's most infamous cases: Stephen Truscott (1959), Clinton, Ontario.

The thing nowadays, with DNA being better than a fingerprint or even viewed at the scene, there's little one can do to refute innocence or guilt.

I can totally empathize with people wanting euthanize a prick/bastard (you pick your favourite adjective) like a child killer or deviant ruthless murderer. The thing that keeps it at bay here is the recent cases of 'guilty, later proven innocent'. It has happened, and sad to say, I'm sure it has happened numerous times around the globe.

Nonetheless, I hope they find this son of a bitch. And Mary, I'd hand you the stick of dynamite, match and rope. Go get'm!

So sad and heartbreaking for Holly's parents, and the city of Toronto. Generally, a very safe metropolis. But today, it seems very unsettling.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

TORONTO (CP) - Police intensified their search Wednesday for clues in the brutal killing of 10-year-old Holly Jones, collecting DNA samples from residents of the slain girl's west-end neighborhood and sifting through garbage from nearby homes and businesses Concerned parents shocked to learn that more than 200 known sex offenders live within three kilometres of Holly's residence have started a Web site to gather signatures on a petition to crack down on sex offenders. "Holly's law will clarify the definition of a child molester, make it a federal offence and incarcerate any convicted child molester for life in a specifically designated federal treatment facility or until he has convinced a duly appointed panel that he is no longer a threat to children," the site (www.hollyslaw.ca) reads. "This law will be a legacy for Holly, and will help protect innocent children from dangerous criminals," organizer Pat Hood said in a statement. "This is the first step to make sure our streets are safe for our children. We need to focus our anger to make sure this doesn't happen again."

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Folks, an arrest was made earlier today (June 20, 2003).

A 35 year old man, has been arrested.

http://www.yahoo.ca - click the news box to the middle right of the screen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit