If you were ‘God’, what would you do?

by JWchange 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWchange
    JWchange
    This post is not meant to be blasphemous to non-atheists on this forum , just philosophical. I refer to ‘A’ God rather than ‘The Creator’.
    It;s 10,000 years in the future and you are a PhD student with a brain the size of a planet, that has incredible technology at your fingertips to create life, similar to humans living today or better, intelligently and physically. To them, if they discovered you, you would be either an alien or God or both. Would you give them free will to decide their own future and what was right or wrong? Would you have a resurrection for all of them or most of them after they died?
    Here’s what I would do:1. I would let them do whatever they wanted and whatever nature caused: War, holocausts, famine, earthquakes, floods. I would let them create nutty religions, write ‘holy’ books, bestow Prophet status on certain ones, and I wouldn’t generally interfere. However…..2. I would resurrect all of them at some future date (after all, I have the technology) , to let them decide where they succeeded and where they screwed up. ‘Awakening’
    Here’s what I would NOT do:1. Kill them all in a flood or Armageddon and start again. My professor would fail my PhD. Null poins (to use a Eurovision song contest expression) .2. Let them live for longer than a lifetime on a planet I had designed, say 100 years…in case there was an over population and food run out. Prior to their natural deaths and awaking.
    Any thoughts?
  • Simon
    Simon

In what sense would they ever be anything but "pets"? It's unlikely anyone could or would ever create life that could rival and threaten themselves.

If you were a kind "god" you would want to look after them and not see them suffer.

If you were a cruel "god" you would torture them for your twisted entertainment.

Hmmmn, which one of those best describes the biblical god?

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Hmmmn, which one of those best describes the biblical god?

If you were a cruel "god" you would torture them for your twisted entertainment.

Image result for tsunami pic

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I would expose the WT for what it is.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If I were God I would appear at set times to hear to resolve any problems that humanity had to deal with, stop animals from killing one anther for food and made sure all beer and pizza were free.

Thats just to start.

One must remember that all the gods imagined by mankind were created mostly out of ignorance of the world we live in as well to overcome the engaging hardships we experience in the process of living .

They were also created to give specific power and prominence over select individuals (ie.Hebrews) who were said to be connecting seers to these supernatural beings.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Finkelstein
    They were also created to give specific power and prominence over select individuals (ie.Hebrews) who were said to be connecting seers to these supernatural beings.

The other reasons are tolerable, but this one just pisses me off.

If I were God I would appear at set times to hear to resolve any problems that humanity had to deal with, stop animals from killing one anther for food and made sure all beer and pizza were free.

Where do I sign for worship.

• prologos
    prologos

Finkelstein
    9 minutes ago

, stop animals from killing one anther for food and :

if they have to feed on one another, make them do it without parasites and the itching, think insect bites, mosquitos.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If I were God, I would give a divine command...

x

...to stop worshipping any gods.

Including me.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

If I were God ( I'm not saying whether or not I AM 😉)

I would be impossible.

At times jealous, possessive, controlling, vengeful and other times merciful, loving, benevolent and kind. So, basically I'd be considered a split-personality or like a woman with pms or experiencing menopause.

🐸

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    It's unlikely anyone could or would ever create life that could rival and threaten themselves.

Stephen Hawking doesn't think so, at least if AI an be considered a form of life.

Probably won't have to worry for a while though . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit