IICSA hearings on religious organizations begin 16 March

by Corney 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Dagney
    Dagney

I can't wait to see this. Thursday as I understand is JW day.

Paul Gilles is a snake. He is the cousin of a friend of mine, and he is devious all in the name of Jehovah.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

The Meetings have been postponed, due to the Corona crisis. The document about the public hearing seems to be taken offline. Mr. Brady's statement as official of the JW can be heard in the youtube video at 5:40

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

correct: Mr. Brady's opening statement to be heard at 5:12:40 in the youtube video I posted before.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

End safeguarding self-regulation, IICSA urged

https://www.thetablet.co.uk/news/12596/end-safeguarding-self-regulation-iicsa-urged

By contrast, when you think about the Jehovah's Witnesses, for example, the idea of a circuit or region of that church having a safeguarding commission staffed by secular professionals is totally inconceivable.
    "It wouldn't happen, because the Jehovah's Witnesses's leadership regards the external world, the secular world, as corrupt and evil and not as a source of useful guidance and expertise. The Jehovah's Witnesses are, of course, entitled to hold the beliefs they do, but it has to be recognised that this belief system has important implications for child protection. It means that in many of the settings you are examining, secular expertise and child protection norms will not readily be welcomed voluntarily."
  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Mr. Brady speaks with forked tongue.

Both he and Paul Gillies are Dumb & Dumber if they believe that their weasely worded submissions are going to fool those folks at the inquiry who have a higher education!.

The org's woes are not going to be ending sooooooon! Tm.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hearings have been postponed, I believe.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

ON THE WEB SITE =

AFTER CAREFULLY CONSIDERING THE GOVERNMENT'S MOST RECENT GUIDANCE, THE‌ ‌INQUIRY‌ ‌HAS‌ ‌TAKEN‌ ‌THE‌ ‌DIFFICULT DECISION‌‌ TO‌ ‌SUSPEND OUR PUBLIC HEARING 'CHILD PROTECTION IN RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS AND SETTINGS' UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "...After careful consideration of whether it is possible or appropriate to continue with this public hearing in light of this update, the Inquiry concluded it had no alternative but to postpone in order to protect the health of everyone involved..."

Ten bucks says the WT leadership is telling themselves that the pandemic is actually God stepping in to protect the Org from "persecution".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Agreed. The GB weren’t hiding from Zalkin when he approached HQ, they were supplicating Jehhooberdoober!!!

He has delivered them just as he delivered his faithful servants of old; he used a plague that targets everyone...

DD 🤔

• Corney
    Corney

IICSA will hold virtual public hearing in the Child Protection in Religious Organisations and Settings investigation on 11 - 22 May, and another hearing week (the manner to be determined later) is listed on 10 August.

https://www.iicsa.org.uk/key-documents/18241/view/2020-04-16-cpiros-final-determination-may-virtual-hearing.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit