German businessman registers "Watchtower" and "Awake!" trademarks, expects offer from JWs

by processor 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LV101
    LV101

Ewwww -- sounds like the bad mafia WT doesn't play well in sandbox. Free, cult, lawyers, always a plus - hope the businessman ponies up.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Interestingly, Germany does not participate in the International Patent Treaty. So, if the businessman were to have been able to defend his position at all, it would have stayed in Germany and gone no farther. Unless of course he was willing to pony up the cash and go international. Get your passport and chequebook.

I can’t read the articles, but “48” basically says that the businessman volunteered to abandon it to Watchtology. I would wonder the circumstances, as the “beef” would not have been with the businessman but rather with the German patent and trademark office.

If it’s felt that the trademark was not registered in good faith, ie the Watchtology position, then they would have to challenge the German office in court. The Watchtology position would be that the a German office was the crimer, not the businessman.

It takes bucks to defend your position, and when you patent something or register a trademark, you have to police it yourself and take legal action to enforce your position...., yourself. You have to continually look for infringement and take the appropriate action through the courts. Nobody does this for you.

So, Watchtology cannot sue businessman. Watchtology could only challenge the German office. If their challenge failed and the registration held, then it still takes businessman to sue Watchtology.

And we all know that Watchtology will spend every donated Kingdom dollar on Satan’s Lawyers and then beg for more money to do it still longer in front of stupid judges in stupid courts.

• fulano
    fulano

I just did the same for another European country 😀

@Simon. Do you allow me to link these to this website?

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

fulano 14 hours ago

I just did the same for another European country 😀

You would think by now they would have plugged the leaks by making sure the names were registered everywhere.

RB

• Corney
    Corney

lastmanstanding, Watchtower Germany lodged a request for cancellation with the German Patent and Trade Mark Office pursuant to §§ 50 and 54 (and §8(1)(14), I guess) of the Trade Marks Act.

Fulano, do you mean the trademark filed six months ago and registered three months ago in respect of class 37 (construction) services? Is my guess correct? If yes, would you please allow me to post the link? It's so funny.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

It’s almost like the organisation has no foresight

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"It’s almost like the organization has no foresight Holy Spirit or Divine Direction."

There, Winston, I fixed your quote.

"Shout louder! Surely he is a god! Perhaps he is deep in thought, or busy, or traveling. Maybe he is sleeping and must be awakened." ~ 1 Kings 18:27

Looks like Joe Hoover was sleeping when the WT Big Shots forgot to protect the trademark of His magazine.

• fulano
    fulano

Corney. I was referring to Awake and Watchtower domains. I have them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit