German businessman registers "Watchtower" and "Awake!" trademarks, expects offer from JWs

by processor 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Fun (:

G.

• zeb
    zeb

'We call on Mr. Resch to surrender the illegally and maliciously obtained trademarks immediately."....

or we will sue him for $4k a day until he does... ironic isnt it.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Whether he can legally keep them or not, this is hilarious.

• menrov
    menrov

It is funny and a bit surprised (if all is true) that he was able to register these 2 words as these words are too common to register. There are quite some B&B's in Spain that are called Awake (in Spanish). Same for watchtower. Too generic. The font and symbol can be registered if it is unique enough. I believe anyone can start a magazine and call it AWAKE NOW or WATCHTOWER MESSAGES. Just use different fonts and do not call it a religious magazine. Erotic underwear may be .... :-)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`ll watch the outcome of this with interest whod`a thought ?

I wish him all success

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Brilliant!

Since waking up from this cult I find it highly ironic that there's a Jehovah's Witness magazine called Awake!

• processor
    processor
    Since waking up from this cult I find it highly ironic that there's a Jehovah's Witness magazine called Awake!

Just as brilliant as calling a lie "the truth" ...

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I thought Jehovah owns these trademarks. Very disappointed now.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

The Watchtower’s “2 inch brush” isn’t wide enough to cover this issue.

• Corney
    Corney

Unsurprisingly, the businessman's trademarks were cancelled pursuant to § 48 of the Trade Mark Act; this dispute apparently was settled.

https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/register/3020172142460/DE

https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/register/3020172142401/DE

Moreover, Watchtower Germany registered WACHTTURM (Watchtower) and Erwachet! (Awake!) trademarks in Austria, Germany and Switzerland (file from TMview database).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit