What is Your Favorite JW YouTube Video?

by cognac 29 Replies latest jw friends

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Well SSC i must humbly admit to being involved in that one ;) Glad you liked it
  • Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    These have me lmfao at work! Sorry Pete I meant to click Like.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Simce we are sharing great videos, i feel like i share this too much but its so so good:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fDp7pkEcJVQ

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    @ - Morpheus - That video is great. Do you know anything about it? Like, was it made by exJW's, or who was behind it? Very "ingenius", in its own way. I appreciate if you got any background info on it, thanks.
  • Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Cognac,

That YouTube video you posted is definately one of my top favs. The looks on the JWs faces are priceless.

I saw it a few weeks ago and occasionally will imitate his thick accent around the house, "lit'l cheldruhn off Jeehovahs Witnesyess.."

• pbrow
    pbrow

That nosedive into the baptism pool is AWESOME!!!

I think the whole "yelling apostate" act would not have worked 20 or 30 years ago because people were not able to get out of the bubble that surrounds most witnesses. Nowadays a 12 year old with an iphone can get on the internet and check things out so easy that it will most likely jar at least one person.... For that one person its worth it. Think about the firestorm of gossip this would cause if this started happening at many conventions.

Curiosity will kill the jdub or will at least wake him up a little.

pbrow

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    Breakfastofchampions....hilarious video, we actually used to sit through those things hahahah
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    Can we have a 'serious ex-jw you tube video' thread too, there's so much crap out there I don't know which ones are really good to watch. I'm talking about experiences, former elders, recorded judicial meetings etc, any top recommendations?
  • cognac
    cognac
    Torn - This thread was supposed to have serious videos on it too. Guess most people on this one just felt like a good laugh, lol.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

@dune- nope, no exjw connection that i am aware of. The original "script" is pretty old, predating the internet i believe. You can google it and find it all over. I think it was originally attributed to a pastor of some sort but that didnt make a lot of sense to me. In any event its been around for a while but they guys filmed it as you see in that video. There have been others to film it as well but that one by "nimpsy" is just so well done i cant even watch anyone elses. A small bit of casting humor: the original script had the taller man, the bald one, written as woman named mary. the way he plays it still refersnces the original female gender making the parts referring to the bibles view of homosexuality even more ironic and funny.

Also just want to throw a node to OTWO for that one. He was the one who first posted it (that i saw anyway).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit