2 bilion income from selling HQ now

by Gorbatchov 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Sparrowdown: And, not one dollar of it goes towards giving back to humanity.

That has been a real eye opener to me.

• bohm
    bohm

I really think it is as simple as they needed the money. I dont think anything else explains the cutback and in particular why they first announced an expansion and then went in reverse. Why they needed the money is the interesting question, but it could be as simple as incraeasing expenses over many years

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I've heard it said "never in Wt history has it been so cash rich and it's running expenses so low." It's for a good reason.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The other day my sister told me her church house 13 families (single women with children). How would the conversation go???

Let's pick Michael Moore for the moderator.

(Moore) Mr Clergy how is your church giving back to humanity, charities.? (Clergy) We house 13 families,the men in our church feed the homeless,we provide scholarships,after school tutoring, and we feed the homeless in out church basement. (Moore) Mr GB member, same question. (GB)We offer free bible study, so with our publication and bible study you will become a productive member of society. If you don't work you don't eat. (Moore) Mr GB what about the children, they are to young to work. (GB) That's the parents fault. We are preparing people for paradise. Why do you think we knock on your doors our carts on the streets, this world is doomed. Our WT and Awakes are the best thing for mankind today

(Moore) Didn't you folks make a ton of money from the sale of your HQ in N.Y???? (GB)We need that money for the printing of our publication that no one reads... (Moore) Are you insane??????

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Said it before on here, safe haven is corrupt free Singapore who will accept deposits to sovereign wealth fund whilst banning active organisation. Temasek Holdings incredibly successful with investments.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Check out Orphan Crow's video of Lorenz Reibling in Argentina.

Bill

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The income is indeed not used for those in need.

All operational expences are payed by local witness (branch, convention, trolleys)

My suggestion is that almost all of it is invested in buildings and funds.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

maybe they paid the money into jehovahs bank account.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb
    Any offshore bank account in "tax haven"?
  • new boy
    new boy

My guess is that a big chunk is in the stock market, in the very system they hope will fall a part.

Either way they enough money to keep them going for awhile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit