2 bilion income from selling HQ now

by Gorbatchov 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The WTS has a tax free income of 2 bilion dollar now by selling the Brooklyn HQ (beside other recent money schemes)

Were has the money gone?

It must be somewere.

G.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh I know! It is being used to "promote kingdom activity worldwide"

Is that not the answer witnesses will be given?

But, if a witness asks to see the balance sheets or accounting of the society, they will never be given access to it!

• Londo111
    Londo111

The "true" religion would have the most transparency. After all, what would there to be to hide? The children of the light do their works in the light.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I just wondered, have you got all these sales recorded or us the $2bn an estimate? I would love to know if it is a definitive figure.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I, too, would like to see a list of property sales and their prices.

Early on, news articles said the value of Watchtower properties in Brooklyn were valued at over a billion dollars. Jared Kushner has bought 3 major ones that sold for well over $300 million dollars each, so that's a billion right there, and there were between 30-40 properties that Watchtower owned in total, from single unit dwellings to major factory buildings.

It's not at all unreasonable that the total, when complete, might exceed $2 billion.

Is anyone keeping close track?

• Landy
    Landy

The organisation might have had a windfall but you can't seriously accuse the GB of using the money to live it up in the style of other U.S. TV evangelists.

The odd rolex watch excepted obviously ;)

• sir82
    sir82

A billion here, a billion there....pretty soon you're talking about real money!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

No, the GB don't 'live it up' in the style of some televangelists, or even in the style of Judge Rutherford (who would have made a great modern TV preacher), but there is a tremendous amount of money being funneled into the Organization over the last few years

(Brooklyn property sales, required amounts being donated every month by congregations, congregation bank accounts being drained by headquarters, pleas for donations to support a KH building program that never happens, and accepting credit card donations that Watchtower used to ridicule Churches for.)

How many billions have they raked in over the last 5 years? It is unprecedented in the Society's history.

Couple this with all the financial cut-backs.

(Magazines are almost nothing now, no new books released ever, missionary program cut, special pioneer program cut, District Overseers cut, Bethel workers being sent home, Bethel services such as waiter and laundry are cut, no new KHs being built, and more that I can't remember as I write this).

Some say law suits are taking it, but they only amount to a few 10s of millions of dollars, which is a drop in the bucket compared to the multi-billion dollar windfall currently taking place.

Where on earth is it all the money going.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

How much would we really know about how they live.?All we know is what they allow us to know. This organization is obscene in their love of money while telling their members to earn minimum wage and live "simply."

And, not one dollar of it goes towards giving back to humanity.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

And yet they have the nerve to setup a new box for donations in the UK JUST for the new Bethel site...they can GTF.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit