JW Lawyers and Heavyweights lying in court.

by freddo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

Thanks all! Sorry to be thick but where would I find in writing the statement of the WT lawyer?

How far has this case proceeded?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    How far has this case proceeded?

The Supreme Court has heard an appeal of a case that originated in an Alberta court.

The WTS has lodged the appeal after the Alberta Court of Appeal ruled that R. Wall could have his case heard by the Alberta Court.

We are waiting for the judgement from the Supreme Court to find out if the case will be heard in Alberta. Judgement hasn't been published yet.

where would I find in writing the statement of the WT lawyer

If you are looking for what the lawyer said during the hearing (on the video posted), I don't think you will find it in writing. I believe you have to wait until the transcript is released and to the best of my knowledge, that hasn't happened yet.

• freddo
    freddo

Thanks again.

This is on jwborg web site under the heading ...

Do Jehovah's Witnesses Shun Former Members of Their Religion?

"If, however, a baptized Witness makes a practice of breaking the Bible’s moral code and does not repent, he or she will be shunned or disfellowshipped."

Just put "shun" in the search box and article this is first up.

(Italics and bold mine)

• waton
    waton

how would, or could proven lying affect the outcome of the (unrelated) judgement?"Putin" was taking note when Mr "Truth'ful misspoke.

• steve2
    steve2

Notice how JW.org cleverly links shunning with "breaking the Bible's moral code" - and does not acknowledge shunning is used in many instances that have little to do with violations of the Bible's moral code.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Steve, they cherry pick facts that support their argument while having tremendous omissions that prove otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qk9o_ZeR7s

• Saename
    Saename

So I was wondering... Is the Supreme Court even aware that the lawyer in defense of the JW congregation lied during the hearing? I should think that it would be in the best interest of Randy Wall to inform the court of David's dishonesty.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    saename: Is the Supreme Court even aware that the lawyer in defense of the JW congregation lied during the hearing?

Oh, I suspect the judges know that.

We will know more when the judgement comes down

I should think that it would be in the best interest of Randy Wall to inform the court of David's dishonesty.

And I suspect that will happen when and if the case gets turned back to the Alberta courts. Keep in mind that this Supreme Court hearing is just to determine if Randy's case will be heard in Alberta

If the Supreme Court overturns the WTS' appeal, I think that Randy and his team have a whole lot in their arsenal that will come out in the lower court

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Yeah, your opponent's lawyers are always liars in Court because your version of the truth is the truth because you are the owner of the truth and everybody else is lying.

• waton
    waton
    Yeah, your opponent's lawyers are always liars Fisherman,

you are grasping at straws if you think that this blatant misstatement was wrongly interpreted here because of preconceptions. That was a straight faced blatant lie., when applied to the client / customer relationship that is the subject of the suit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit